Mustek has lodged a formal complaint with the Competition Commission against Hewlett-Packard South Africa.
According to a statement from Mustek, the complaint regards Mustek's belief that HP is contravening the following sections of the Competitions Act 89 of 1998:
* Section 8(d)(iv) – Selling goods below their marginal or average variable cost;
* Section 5(2) – Engaging in resale price maintenance;
* Section 8(c) – Engaging in exclusionary acts;
* Section 9 – Engaging in price discrimination; and
* Section 8(d)(i) – Inducing customers to not deal with competitors.
Hein Engelbrecht, MD of Mustek, comments: "This complaint has been lodged in the interest of free and fair trade.”