Metalogix Software has released the results of a recently completed international survey of Microsoft  SharePoint users and administrators on their SharePoint 2010 adoption plans.

Results indicate that 90% of SharePoint users have plans to migrate to SharePoint 2010. Among those with plans to migrate, 41% will complete their migration immediately, and the remaining 59% will complete migration sometime between now and the end of 2011. Only ten percent of respondents cited no definitive plans to migrate to SharePoint 2010.
Says Chris Hathaway, Director at local distributor Soarsoft Africa, "This trend has been replicated in South Africa, where in addition to this we are also seeing a big move from various Enterprise Content Management (ECM) platforms to SharePoint 2010. When it comes to migrating to SharePoint 2010 – from a previous version of Sharepoint or any other source systems, Metalogix's migration products ensure that the migration process is completed quickly and easily."
With the release of SharePoint 2010, there has been growing interest in the major new features for Electronic Content Management (ECM), social computing, PowerShell support, ribbon UI, etc. Many SharePoint professionals are eager to provide these capabilities to their users and organisations.
Rasool Rayani, Metalogix Co-Founder and Director of Metalogix Software explains, "Companies who have made the decision to migrate their users to SharePoint 2010 need to be able to move their content quickly and with great flexibility. We provide companies with reliable tools and solutions to help them not only migrate SharePoint sites, libraries, lists, web parts and permissions from their old environments to SharePoint 2010, but also to then keep their environment running smoothly, and manage their content in a way that allows them to leverage the full power of their SharePoint deployment."
Metalogix is a leader in solutions that migrate content into SharePoint, keep SharePoint environments running smoothly, manage the content throughout its lifecycle, and archive content for compliance and e-discovery. Metalogix migration products move content into SharePoint from almost any source system: from one SharePoint version to another (2003, 2007, 2010, WSSv2 or WSSv3), from Enterprise Content Management systems (e.g. Documentum, eRoom, Stellent (Oracle Content Server), Livelink), and from file systems, Exchange public folders, blogs, wikis and websites on-premise or in the cloud.
The company's storage management and content management solutions help customers to run SharePoint efficiently by minimising the growth of content databases and reducing content sprawl. This approach maximises SharePoint's benefits for both IT and business units while reducing an organisation's total cost of ownership.