A new entry-level light production colour printer from Xerox, adaptable for any print environment, gives users more flexibility and freedom to produce a wide range of applications – quickly meeting customer demands in high-quality colour and black and white.
The new Xerox Color 550/560 Printer, with an easy-to-use colour touch screen, is an efficient choice for quick print shops, small commercial printers, in-plant operations, advertising agencies, creative shops and office settings.
“Applications ranging from marketing materials and photo specialty items to office documents and PowerPoint presentations can be produced on the Xerox Color 550 at 50 colour pages per minute (ppm) or 55 ppm in black and white; and on the Xerox Color 560 at 60 colour ppm or 65 ppm in black and white,” says Paul Haglich, marketing and product manager production systems group at Bytes Document Solutions.
“Xerox has taken the most sought after elements of digital printing and built a solution that can integrate into any print environment. The Xerox Color 550/560 is perfect for the print service provider responding quickly to high-value application demands or the office professional requiring security and workflow features to manage documents more efficiently.”
Key to the production environment, Xerox Color 550/560 features include:
* Low-melt emulsion aggregation toner to produce an offset-like finish with crisp text and high-resolution graphics.
* 2400 x 2400 dpi printing.
* In-line finishing options including stapling, hole-punching, folding and booklet making on uncoated and coated media.
* Advanced colour management tools and streamlined production with Xerox FreeFlow Digital Workflow Collection, EFI Fiery or Creo print servers.
For the office segment, the device can also:
* Scan, copy and fax at high speed, both in colour and black and white.
* Keep intellectual property organised and secured with automated routing and delivery.
* Customise print driver settings for economy and efficiency, or adjust settings for specific applications.
* Drive maximum productivity by letting multiple users perform different tasks simultaneously.
* Simplify the process of capturing, editing, managing and storing documents with Xerox workflow solutions such as Xerox Scan to PC Desktop.
The XC550/560 is being launched and demonstrated at the Africa Print Roadshows held in Port Elizabeth, Durban, Cape Town, Polokwane and Johannesburg.
It was very well received at the first two shows, and Haglich expects the XC550/560 to be even more successful than the DocuColour 252/260 series that it replaces.