HP has updated its information management portfolio to enable organisations to reduce risk, increase efficiency and simplify the way they manage their business information.
Instant-On enterprises embed intelligence into everything they do for a transparent, real-time view of information across the organisation to service customers, employees, partners and citizens with what they need instantly.
HP brings a holistic approach to information management, to help executives harness the power of information to make better decisions, manage for cost and compliance, and deliver the right information to the right users at the right time.
According to a March survey conducted by Coleman Parkes:
* Information management is at a breaking point for the enterprise.
* 68% of enterprises stated that content explosion is adding greater complexity to an already complex world, and causing significant storage issues and costs.
* At the same time, 59% of companies say they are under pressure to cut costs on information-related processes and systems.
* Information management, once the domain of IT, is now an enterprise-wide imperative. However, there is no single owner of information.
* 43% of enterprises leave it to IT to manage, while 38% leave it to the CEO/board of directors.
* Enterprises do not have efficient, comprehensive, integrated and information-policy driven approaches to information management.
* 70% of companies do not have a holistic approach to managing information.
* 73% of companies do not have a universal and strictly implemented formal information protection policy.
* Only 18% are planning to implement a policy.
HP is helping organisations break down these information silos by providing a broad portfolio of solutions for all phases of the information life cycle, including capture, monitor, protect, retain, find and implement:
* HP Information Management Services – delivers an integrated solution for managing information in any phase of its life cycle, from capture and creation to deletion and retirement.
HP consulting services such as the IM Transformation Experience Workshop bring together legal, IT, business and chief information security officers to help establish policies to identify immediate best practices, while planning a holistic, long-term information strategy.
* HP Integrated Archive Platform (IAP) – now scales to manage up to 1 petabyte of data, 300,000 users and 20-million email messages per day, better meeting the performance needs of large enterprises.
New HP Virtual IAP supports VMware vSphere, which meets the information management needs of small to midsize enterprises in a cost-effective manner.
* HP TRIM Enterprise Records Management – has been enhanced with multi-jurisdictional retention, which automates complex retention schedules across multiple countries and within multinational enterprises. Localising policies eliminates administrative overhead, reduces costs and simplifies compliance. The new bulk data loading capability further reduces costs with faster throughput of bulk record updates.
* HP Database Archiving – now integrated with HP TRIM to give clients one platform for managing their structured information, as well as new connectivity to archive data from legacy systems during the application retirement process.
* HP Data Protector software – now provides Granular Recovery Extension for VMware vSphere, as well as snapshot support for 3PAR and non-HP arrays, at an up to 70% less total cost of ownership.
HP Data Protector also adds down-to-the-second snapshot recovery to HP StorageWorks P4000. This fully automated approach requires no scripting, which reduces the costs and resources associated with protecting critical data.
* HP Data Protector Reporter – gives organisations improved insight into their backup operations with enterprise-level, multisite global analysis and reporting. Centralised, automated backup reporting optimises operations and infrastructure, which can realise an up to 30% cost savings.
* HP Storage Essentials software – decreases costs for managing physical and virtual enterprise information infrastructure, while improving alignment of storage to business needs.
HP Storage Essentials Backup Manager plug-in for HP Data Protector helps organisations monitor the entire backup process with a complete picture of their information state.