iData Distribution, leading distributors of automated identification and mobile technologies for the reseller market, has announced the launch of the 70 Series, Intermec's next generation portfolio of ultra-rugged mobile computers, delivering unparalleled performance to maximise worker uptime and efficiency.
Comprised of four products over one platform, the 70 Series nearly doubles Intermec's mobile computer portfolio in one release.
With 45 years of technology innovation as its foundation, the Intermec 70 Series comprises four distinct products sharing a common platform and capabilities. The CN70 (field service, transportation and logistics), the CN70e (direct store delivery/route accounting), the CK70 (parcel delivery in courier, express and postal operations) and the CK71 (manufacturing and warehousing).
All in the smallest and lightest form factors in their respective classes, each product is built to help businesses optimise resources to improve operational efficiency, support future growth and deliver high customer satisfaction.
"Economic pressures are continually impacting technology buying cycles as businesses are looking for not only ruggedness, but reliability and a total mobile solution that enables them to not have to detract away from core competencies," says David Krebs, VDC research analyst.
"This next year will continue to see technology innovations better empower mobile workers with intelligence to improve operations and lower bottom lines. The Intermec 70 Series addresses many of these critical next generation mobility requirements."
Featuring Windows Embedded Handheld, the 70 Series is the only platform to deliver the following feature benefits:
* The most advanced 1D/2D scan engines, including the new EA30 2D scan engine, with breakthrough motion tolerance performance and an advanced aiming system delivering increased productivity and ease of use for bar code scan intensive applications, and the new, 3rd generation EX25 near-far scan engine, increasing the distance and velocity of data capture.
* The industry's first 802.11n dual-band WLAN, enabling better connectivity and communication for mobile workers.
* Six-foot drop spec across all temperatures, IP67 sealing, Gorilla glass touch panel, and indestructible keypad technology, delivering best in class ruggedness and reliability.
* INcontrol managed services platform-delivering business intelligence from the point of work, along with remote monitoring and diagnostics.
* On-board diagnostics and device health monitoring, improving service uptime and serviceability of large fleets of devices.
"As we look to expand our manufacturing and distribution capacity in the coming year, we will rely heavily on new technology to enhance our WMS and improve our overall operations," says Vince Campanelli, VP at Parmalat, a global company and major producer of milk and dairy products, fruit juices, cultured products, cheese products and table spreads.
"The use of the CK71s on both the manufacturing and distribution floors will help streamline all aspects of our business, from shipping and receiving to inventory, picking and more."
Heinrich von Solms, MD of iData, says the 70 Series conquers daily operational challenges and streamlines productivity with its unique ability to offer one software build and one set of peripherals.
The new scalable, modular docking system is equipped for all four form factors, saving space and reducing installation costs, while enabling businesses to future proof their investment by only having to change docking cups with technology refreshes, instead of purchasing new docking systems.