Western Digital's (WD's) instant storage solution for large HD and photo files is now available from distributor Drive Control Corporation (DCC).
The WD My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage system has a massive 6Tb of storage to meet the capacity needs of today's creative pros and Mac enthusiasts who create, store, edit and archive large HD video and photo files.
The new capacity provides users 33% more storage than the previous capacity, while maintaining the same footprint.
Combining its extended 6Tb storage capacity and compatibility with Apple Time Machine, the new My Book Studio Edition II drive becomes an instant storage solution for a variety of professions, including art and design, photography, legal and medical, and a host of other small businesses.
The system offers a quad interface providing maximum performance and flexibility including eSATA and FireWire 800 when maximum performance is essential, and FireWire 400 and USB 2.0 when system flexibility is most important.
"Thanks to advancements in HD video devices, including digital SLR cameras and HD video cameras, the quality and quantity of video content being produced by professionals and enthusiasts alike has grown at an astounding pace," says Dale Pistilli, VP of marketing for WD's branded products group.
Fast eSATA or FireWire 800 interfaces, combined with RAID-supported configurations, will yield the speed and responsiveness users need for a variety of tasks including fast, smooth video editing, rendering complex 3D objects or special effects and saving/transferring enormous blocks of data in a fraction of the time it once took.
Formatted for Mac computers, these new storage systems feature:
* Massive 6Tb capacity.
* Extra-fast performance with four interfaces (FireWire 800/400, eSATA, USB 2.0).
* Cool, eco-friendly operation with WD's drives with WD GreenPower Technology that consume approximately one-third less power than standard dual-drive external storage systems, and efficient convection cooling architecture and power-saving mode and designed without a fan to run quietly.
* Automatic and continuous backup software.
* User serviceability, enabling the user to open the enclosure and replace the drive inside.
* Capacity gauge to see at a glance how much space is available on the system.
* Five-year limited warranty.
Linsay Narayanan, Western Digital product specialist at DCC says, "The My Book Studio Edition II drive has proven to be the real star of the show, with 6Tb of storage that provides creative individuals with the expanded storage and bandwidth they need to effectively shoot, edit, and safely store their video productions without the need to compress their videos or reduce the overall quality of them for the sake of available space."
My Book Studio Edition II dual-drive storage systems are available now from distributor DCC. The recommended retail price for the My Book Studio Edition II 6Tb drive is R4399.00.