EMC Corporation, the world leader in information infrastructure solutions, has announced several enhancements to the EMC Velocity Solution Provider Partner programme that are designed to provide new opportunities for EMC Velocity Partners to accelerate their profitability.
New incentives include greater upfront discounts for selected products, the inclusion of EMC unified storage in the Velocity Incentive Programme (VIP), new integrated demand-generation programmes focused on next generation backup as well as unified storage for SMB, midmarket, and enterprise businesses; and a revised deal registration programme.
EMC is committed to accelerating its partners’ profitability by giving them access to industry leading products with the most competitive pricing, along with easy and efficient marketing and training resources to help them compete and earn business. Velocity programme enhancements include:
* New discount structure – to help partners be more competitive, EMC has extended its discount structure to include a broader range of EMC technology and solutions including its backup and recovery and unified storage offerings.
Upfront discounts include stackable deal registration, incremental and new accounts. With upfront discounts, EMC is giving partners the opportunity to better plan their business and realise profits sooner.
* Expanded VIP now offers unified storage – VIP is a global programme that offers partners stackable individual employee rewards for deals that align to EMC’s strategic information infrastructure solutions for unified storage, consolidation, backup and recovery, archive, security, as well as selected products from Cisco, Brocade and Emulex.
EMC announced that the EMC VNX family and EMC VNXe series of unified storage systems have been added to VIP, in order to reward partner representatives and sales engineers with back end incentives on sales of these products.
* New marketing campaign assets – partners now have access to new demand generation campaigns, including next generation backup and unified storage for SMB, midmarket, and enterprise businesses. These campaign assets are accessible through the EMC Velocity Partner Marketing Guide, an online self-service portal to help partners customise marketing campaigns.
* Revised deal registration programme – to simplify deal registration, EMC has replaced its previous incremental only registration model with a new base model that allows for more upfront, stackable registration discounts. The new model is flexible and supports incremental and non-incremental opportunities in addition to net-new accounts.
* Open distribution for the EMC VNXe series – to accelerate time to market, EMC Velocity partners in EMEA can choose to procure VNXe products from any EMC Velocity distributor in their respective country and receive Velocity programme benefits.
To further enable partners, EMC has introduced new free and fast-paced VNXe sales and services training modules helping partners identify opportunities, position EMC products and close business.
* New partner relationship management tools – EMC Partner Central is a new partner relationship management tool designed to help partners track the various elements of their business transactions with EMC more efficiently and with greater speed and service. With EMC Partner Central, partners can also manage their EMC profile, review channel plans, and monitor their programme compliance and eligibility for benefits.
“MTI and EMC go back a long time, and over the last few years we have seen that EMC has become more and more channel friendly,” says Ian Parslow, VP sales, MTI Technology.
“The new enhancements to the Velocity programme and the introduction of the VNX Family are great examples of this change.”
“The addition of the VNXe portfolio to the Velocity programme, along with the new discount structures, make an even more compelling offer for resellers,” comments Christian Magirus, executive VP and chief operations officer for Magirus.
“This provides a direct path for resellers to help their customers realise the benefits of unified storage as they migrate to virtualised data centres and cloud computing.”
“To help our partners take market share and grow their business with EMC, we are taking aggressive actions to provide more opportunities for them to increase profitability,” says Nicolas Leblanc, VP, EMC EMEA channels and midmarket.
“Not only does EMC offer the industry-leading products, solution and competitive pricing, we’re also committed to providing our Velocity partners with the right tools and resources to allow them to focus on delivering the best possible service to their customers. We believe Velocity partners are well positioned to lead their customers on their journey to the cloud while growing their business and becoming more profitable."