Oracle and Fujitsu have announced an enhanced SPARC Enterprise M3000 server with the newest SPARC64 VII+ processor.
Ideal for a range of enterprise applications including business intelligence, database, and business processing, the new SPARC Enterprise M3000 server delivers increased performance and I/O throughput, improved manageability with Oracle Enterprise Manager 11g Ops Center, maximum investment protection for mission-critical computing, and helps customers to further boost the productivity and efficiency of their enterprise systems.
New features in the SPARC Enterprise M3000 server include:
* Increased CPU clock speed – the quad-core or dual-core 2.86GHz SPARC64 VII+ processor offers up to 20% better performance than the previous generation SPARC64 processor.
* Solid state drive support – with internal solid state drives (SSD), the SPARC Enterprise M3000 server running Oracle Database 11g, Release 2 can take advantage of the Oracle Database Smart Flash Cache feature to increase I/O throughput and optimise system performance. Oracle Solaris is the only UNIX operating system which can use the Oracle Database Smart Flash Cache feature.
* The new SPARC Enterprise M3000 server running Oracle Solaris delivers extreme security and built-in virtualisation capabilities with tightly engineered performance optimisations for customers running mission-critical applications, including Oracle Applications and Fujitsu applications.
* The SPARC Enterprise M3000 server with Oracle Solaris provides the availability required for 24×7 mission-critical computing via system features such as component redundancy and hot-swap power supplies, fans and disks, and Oracle Solaris’ ZFS and Predictive Self Healing.
* In addition, with Oracle Solaris Legacy Containers, the SPARC Enterprise M3000 server is an ideal platform for consolidating older SPARC/Oracle Solaris environments, making it fast and easy to realise significant cost and energy savings by retiring older systems.
* The enhanced SPARC Enterprise M3000 server offers up to 37% lower power consumption than similarly equipped competing HP and IBM servers while minimising the environmental impact of CO2 emissions.
“The SPARC Enterprise M-series line with Oracle Solaris provides a high-performance foundation for mission-critical computing with unmatched investment protection,” says John Fowler, Oracle executive VP, systems.
“Through Oracle’s collaboration with Fujitsu, we are providing customers with a new SPARC/Oracle Solaris-based system designed to provide best-in-class performance from application-to-disk.”
“The new SPARC Enterprise M3000 was developed on Fujitsu’s mission-critical computing technology in partnership with Oracle, and delivers significantly increased performance and lower TCO with superior energy efficiency,” says Noriyuki Toyoki, corporate senior VP of Fujitsu.
“Fujitsu continues to work closely with Oracle to develop products which enable customers to maximise their ROI and protect their ICT investments.”