The Apps World Africa event, running in Cape Town on 1 to 2 June 2011, will showcase discussions around mobile technology and feature app developer programs with key strategic partners.
The conference will examine the current market for apps in Africa, and how continued app development for the region can be financed. Apps World Africa 2011 will also cover handset technology, regional developers, mobile money, apps for social services like m-health, m-entertainment and m-commerce, and the implementation of location into apps for marketing and brand building.
The event will provide a platform for application developers, network operators, OS vendors, brand and marketing managers and technology providers to make connections and build partnerships across the region. Interested parties can connect with the event on Twitter.
The African market presents very particular opportunities and challenges for the mobile and apps industry, with a specific set of regional social and economic problems that mobile apps are able to address, in ways not previously considered.
Apps World Africa 2011 is co-locating with Social Media World Forum Africa 2011, and registration for either event entitles delegates entry to both.
Both shows include a free-to-attend industry exhibition and conference stream, plus a paid stream packed full of top-level industry discussion and practical insight.
* Prins Mhlanga, managing executive: online service and wasps, Vodacom.
* Christian de Faria, senior VP, commercial and innovation, MTN Group.
* Raymond Buckle, chairman, MMA South Africa.
* Yolande Van Wyk, CEO: smart services, First National Bank.
* Alan Knott-Craig Jr., CEO, World of Avatar.
* Dr Roland Helmut Beckmann-Kunz, group director for content, Etisalat.
* Oluwagbemiga Ben-Daniel, head of distribution, MTV Africa.
* Andrew McHenry, head of mobile and content at Avnic/Garmap/Garmin.
* Yaron Assabi, CEO, Digital Solutions Group.
* Simon Barber, chief technology officer, ThoughtFaqtory.
* Liron Segev, CEO, Swift Consulting.
* Renier Kriel, co-owner and director, 4i software development.
* Steven Preston, co-founder, Cobi Interactive.
* Arno du Toit, chief operations officer, Virtual Mobile Technologies.