The cloud security company, Panda Security, has announced the launch of its new perimeter protection, Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa, which delivers cloud-based protection for VMWare virtualised environments.
Companies can now protect their perimeter by harnessing the virtualised servers already installed on most networks to provide an effective solution against all types of IT threats. This solution also offers major cost-savings, compared to a traditional solution, distributed with the corresponding hardware.
“Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa delivers high performance protection against all types of Internet-borne malware and spam," says Jeremy Matthews, head of Panda’s sub-Saharan operations.
“It blocks non-productive or potentially dangerous Web activity using a hybrid security cloud in the perimeter, increasing the protection capacity and reducing resource usage to a minimum.”
The hybrid cloud used by the new virtual appliance combines a private cloud, hosted on a private network and which provides service to Panda GateDefender Performa and a public cloud, which provides service to a global network and also to the private cloud.
In this way, users benefit from the full knowledge potential of the cloud, thanks to its real-time connection to Collective Intelligence, an automatic system that detects, analyses, classifies and detects 99.4% of the 73,000 new malware strains received every day by the anti-malware laboratory, PandaLabs.
Leveraging of a hybrid cloud represents a significant step forward in perimeter security, as it gives companies total control over their data, including log files and registries, without this feature degrading the detection capacity. This means that no data is sent to the cloud for analysis, except for certain traces with a high level of encryption.
“Panda Virtual GateDefender Performa is the only SCM (Secure Content Management) solution that achieves the objectives of virtualised environments: cost efficiency, application consolidation and simplicity,” concludes Matthews.
Main features include:
* Integrated proactive threat detection – combining the capacity of collective intelligence to detect all types of malware, cloud technologies, heuristic engines and quarantines.
* Complete protection – delivering best-of-breed protection against potentially dangerous content, spam and non-productive Web content. It can even monitor P2P/IM/VoIP/Spotify protocols.
* Zombie detection – it includes a module highly specialised in detecting and disinfecting bots in corporate networks, both on individual computers and on mail servers.
* Automatic protection – it offers continuous and transparent updates of signatures and technologies in real-time, guaranteeing that the virtual appliance operates more effectively in "hands-free" mode.
* Integration with LDAP/ActiveDirectory and granular profiles – guarantees that security policies are applied following the standards for creating risk groups, network users, and so on.
* High scalability – the load balancing function ensures maximum availability.
* Quality of service (QoS) – managing bandwidth to ensure optimum network performance.
* Customised security warnings – these can be sent via SMTP, SNMP and Syslog.
* Easy-to-follow security reports – these support policy compliance requirements and audit trails.
* Real-time security monitoring – the management dashboard provides real-time graphic reports on the activity of each protection module.
* User-friendly and intuitive Web console – this is accessible anytime, anywhere.