Kingston Technology, the independent world leader in memory products, has announced the launch of the Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 Generation 2 (G2). The DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2, Kingston’s fastest USB flash drive, uses a native USB 3.0 controller for better performance and power management.
Kingston’s DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 features the latest technology for USB 3.0 Flash drives, making it ideal for IT professionals and enthusiasts who want to take immediate advantage of all the performance improvements offered by USB 3.0 technology.
“Kingston is committed to help drive market adoption of the new USB 3.0 standard and make it more accessible to the mass market,” says Grant Rau, business development manager, Kingston Technology South Africa.
“The growing number of platforms and computers supporting the USB 3.0 standard as well as the benefits of the single chip controllers that allow better compatibility and performance are helping drive the adoption of USB 3.0 technology.”
The Kingston DataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 USB Flash drive is the perfect solution for easily storing and quickly transferring large documents, hi-resolution photos and HD video. It is also backwards compatible with USB 2.0, has 24/7 technical support and proven Kingston reliability.
KingstonDataTraveler Ultimate 3.0 G2 has the following features and specifications:
* Capacities include 16Gb, 32Gb and 64Gb.
* Requirements include a system with USB 3.0 port.
* Backwards compatible with USB 2.0.
* Speed – when plugged into a USB 3.0 system, it has speeds of up to 100Mbps read and 70Mbps write. When plugged into a USB 2.0 system, it has a maximum specification performance of 30Mbps read and write.
* Dimensions – the device measures 2.90" x 0.87" x 0.63" (73.70mm x 22.20mm x 16.10mm).
* Operating temperatures range from 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C).
* Storage temperature range from -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C).
* Practical – the device has a durable casing with a solid lanyard loop.
* Warranty – five years.