HP recently launched a comprehensive program that expands opportunities for service providers focused on the rapidly expanding cloud market.
The cloud services market is expected to grow to approximately $143-billion by 2013. To take advantage of this dynamic opportunity, service providers need the agility to quickly evolve their business models and go-to-market strategies.
However, service providers face budget and resource constraints, along with increasing customer demands for higher service levels and greater security. Service providers need efficient connections to new partners, services and business prospects to help them meet their customers’ needs.
HP CloudAgile offers service providers new opportunities to accelerate and extend their market reach, delivering services faster with lower capital investment. Participants include telecommunications and service providers, as well as hosters, systems integrators and value-added resellers.
“Service providers want to tap into the vast revenue potential of the cloud, but they need a partner with the resources to create innovative business models and new revenue streams,” says Clive Brindley, solutions architect, HP Software, South Africa.
“With HP’s market presence and industry-leading technology portfolio, the CloudAgile program enables service providers to become more agile and deliver a new era of cloud services that align with their customers’ changing needs.”
HP CloudAgile encompasses HP’s enterprise portfolio of servers, storage, networking, software and services.
“Through its CloudAgile program, HP is enabling us to accelerate our cloud strategy in delivering innovative services to our joint enterprise customers with differentiated offerings,” says Joseph Crawford, executive director of enterprise cloud services for Verizon, an HP Premier Service Provider and joint development partner.
“By joining forces with key industry players like HP, Verizon is able to deliver the reliability, performance and security required of the business-class cloud.”
HP CloudAgile offers service providers:
* Expanded sales capabilities with direct access to HP’s global sales force and its worldwide network of channel partners. HP will provide incentives for its sales force and channels to collaborate with CloudAgile qualified partners.
* New market opportunities delivering private cloud hosting and cloud bursting services enabled by the industry-leading HP Cloud System platform. CloudAgile partners will be able to become certified CloudSystem hosters, delivering private clouds to enterprise customers while helping to maintain client service levels.
* Robust go-to-market support, which includes joint planning and market development funds. Dedicated partner business managers will be assigned to qualified partners to facilitate ongoing sales and marketing collaboration.
* Significantly reduced development costs by leveraging complimentary resources. These include the Cloud Operating Environment, a remote-access HP Cloud lab environment, as well as access to CloudSystem equipment to support proofs of concept and services development.
* Fast and secure delivery of cloud-ready applications, automated cloud services as well as helps ensure compliance of cloud-enabled business processes across a hybrid environment. Service providers also create differentiation and greater revenue by offering software from HP’s IT Performance Suite to their clients as a service.
For qualified CloudAgile partners, HP Software offers flexible software licensing to support the delivery of cloud-based services.
* Accelerated deployment of cloud solutions while refocusing capital on innovation for enterprise growth preserves cash while aligning cost to usage. These programs are available from HP Financial Services, the company’s leasing and asset life cycle management arm.
The HP CloudAgile program will roll out worldwide throughout the year.