HP has recently announced new solutions and services that advance the way clients use unified communications (UC) to improve collaboration and business responsiveness.
HP’s new Voice Transformation Solutions, Virtual Workplace Solutions and Network Readiness Services address the trials organisations face when integrating telephony with communications applications, such as video or instant messaging.
Many organisations are facing challenges with enabling a growing virtual workforce, as well as interoperability issues caused by aging, inflexible telephony and network infrastructures and disparate communications systems. Gartner predicts that by year end 2015, 60% of organisations will offer employees at least four parallel, overlapping, voice/telephony options.
As employees share information faster, they increase responsiveness to customers, partners and across the organisation, ultimately improving productivity.
“Clients need to understand how changes to their work environment can impact communications,” says Rudie Raath, HP technology consulting country manager, South Africa.
“By collaborating with HP, clients can leverage HP’s methodology and testing of multivendor UC solutions to create their unique unified communications journey, transforming their communications infrastructure to address needs today and into the future.”
With HP Voice Transformation Solutions, clients can build the foundation they need to create a productive, agile workplace that improves customer responsiveness. Clients benefits include:
* Simplified collaboration with centralised Voice over IP (VoIP) and traditional phone systems extended via Internet Protocol (IP) to create a single conduit for voice, data and video.
* A flexible, modular approach based on a customised voice transformation roadmap enables clients to evolve their communication infrastructure as needed, on their schedule, without disrupting business.
* Ability to share information by consolidating voice messaging and audio conferencing into a single interface, which cultivates productivity and decreases operational costs.
Employees can be more productive, connected and responsive by improving the flow of information and communication between the organisation, suppliers and partners with HP Virtual Workplace Solutions:
* A single, cohesive platform that integrates unified messaging, Web, video and data to secure clients’ intellectual property, as well as improve decision-making and response time.
* A virtual workplace architecture that delivers the right UC solutions to an employee’s device of choice, based on computing and accessibility needs.
* Change management and user training makes clients’ transitions to new virtual workplace models faster and error free.
HP Network Readiness Services for UC co-ordinate network readiness with clients’ UC roadmaps and eliminate network barriers, enabling clients to achieve their enterprise communication goals.
“We had an immediate need to replace an aging telephone private branch exchange and voice-mail system to ensure timely, effective communication across our global net of offices and professionals,” says Brad Vaughan, senior VP and CIO at Black & Veatch.
“With HP, we were able to replace our systems while modernising with features such as instant messaging, improving communication across the organisation.”
“We wanted to implement a solution to enhance the student experience, support teaching excellence, reduce operational costs and drive new revenue streams through distance learning,” says Steve Grive, director of IT at the University of the West of England.
“With HP, we are creating a centralised collaboration platform including SharePoint, Presence, IM, video conferencing and unified messaging supported by an enterprise voice solution and next-generation network to enable these outcomes.”
HP is collaborating with leading industry vendors – Microsoft, Avaya, Polycom and Alcatel-Lucent – to bring together a comprehensive range of technology components for these three solutions. HP also offers a full range of consulting and support services for these partner platforms.