The primary focus of this position is to administrate, configure, monitor and maintain our Database environment. You will need to be helpful and supportive to your team and your clients, your fellow developers. You join an energetic, focused and dynamic team.
You will be responsible for supporting, coordinating and maintaining the various database applications by installing, configuring, troubleshooting and repairing the databases of our various clients in the group, If you are driven and ambitious and looking for an exciting opportunity then this role is just the one for you.
– Assisting with budgeting and quotes for current and future environments
– Documentation of processes
– Orientation of new staff
– Database installs and DR environment configuration
– Database patching and upgrades
– Database backups and restores
– Implementation of database monitoring utilities
– Database performance investigations
– Structural changes and deployment of database objects
– User requests
– POC new technologies or processes for clients
– Provide consultancy, education and guidance in the use and exploitation of DBMS’s and database environments and infrastructure.
– Recommend technical solutions to our clients.
– Assist in the logical design and implement the physical definition of databases in conjunction with application systems analysts.
– Enhance and maintain databases to accommodate new business functions and improve existing business functions.
– Assist application developers with problem analysis and resolution of development and production failures.
– Provide and maintain technically stable and performing production environments.
– Research and evaluates alternative solutions and recommends the most efficient and cost effective database solution for the application design.
– Monitors and analyzes ongoing database status, utilization and capacity.
– Implements and support database security regulations, policies, and guidelines.
– Work closely with technical and client management to plan and implement database tools in support of business applications development requirements and processes.
– Utilizes standard tools to record change and problem activities for tracking purposes./
– Support user and developer access, upgrade planning, implementation and resolution of database
– Capacity Plans
– Meet contracted SLA
– Disaster recovery (backup and restore) Procedures and checks.
You will be working with the following technologies:
– Oracle Enterprise Manager
– Oracle, SQL Server & MySQL Database
– Oracle Data Guard
– Oracle RMAN
– Performance Tuning