We are looking for an experienced Software Development Engineering Team Lead to join a versatile and creative IT management team.
As the development lead you will lead a group of developers and testers constantly striving for quality solutions that are delivered on time, within budget and scope, and drive a culture of quality and personal accountability.
You will need a strong understanding and first hand experience with large-scale e-commerce platform development, have experience building RESTful web applications and an appreciation of the technical challenges developers face. You will be from a development background and have a good understanding of architectural practices. You will be an advocate of Agile engineering practices and you will have prior line management experience with a track record of keeping highly skilled developers motivated.
Successfully launch new products quickly as well as manage a large existing code base.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead a growing team of engineers working on ambitious development roadmap.
This is a hands-on role: you should expect to spend at least 50% of your time writing code, or working with others on your team directly contributing to the production of code. The other 50% of your time will be split between architectural and strategic planning with peers and senior developers and the day-to-day people management and development required of a high-performing and successful team.
– Minimum 3 years Machine Learning experience (research or commercial), backed by a Computer Science or other software engineering degree
– Experience leading a team technically, with a focus on a very high quality output
– Experience mentoring and developing technical teams
– Experience working within an Agile and DevOps team, and an advocate of that culture
– Excellent problem-solving skills
– Experience developing in at least one of C#, Java, C, Python or C++ in a test-driven environment
– Significant technical experience and a proven track record of architectural ownership and understanding.
– A thorough understanding of computer science fundamentals, including object-oriented design and data structures and algorithms
– Experience with and an understanding of line management responsibility for a technical team
– Experience developing software for a highly-transactional retail online platform
– A thorough understanding of software engineering practices and best practices, including Agile software development, source code control systems and the use of software IDEs and development and testing tools.
– An understanding of software deployment tools, deployment processes and best practices
– Experience working with Python, Mongo and MySQL/Postgres databases
– Experience working with the AWS and/or Azure platforms
– Experience mentoring and developing others technically