- Short Term Claims / Insurance Experience min 2 years (Non Negotiable)
- Min Insurance credits
- RE Qualification
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Spoken)
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel, Outlook etc
- Must be organised, efficient and proactive
Duties and Responsibilities
- Taking control of the existing personal lines book
- Assisting with basic commercial queries on existing commercial clients
- Develop and maintain a profitable book of business (i.e. desirable clients/good insurance history)
- Assisting existing personal lines clients with policy queries
- Finding the best cover and premium solution for the clients queries
- Drawing/requesting quotes for competitive insurance premiums at renewal, or at a big change to the policy or when and where it is required/requested (personal lines)
- Assessing clients background information in order to ensure they are placed with the correct policy and benefits suited to their needs
- Contacting every personal lines client at renewal and discussing the cover and options available and requesting outstanding documents.
- Ensuring that documents are recorded and stored where they can be found with ease (proof of ownership, vehicle invoices, asset registers) on the BIAS System
- Maintaining a strong relationship with each and every client. Professional yet with the personal touch
- Going beyond client’s expectations with assistance, advice and turn-around times.
- Keeping detailed records of policies underwritten and decisions made during the life of the policy on BIAS and/or any other system (insurers i.e. Discovery vault) as per procedures (creating a task, recording information taken, uploading documents/schedules)
- Reducing exposure of the brokerage by ensuring compliance is in order for every advice given and amendments made
- Review insurance proposals and seek to improve terms
- Properly assess each policy schedule for correct information and anomalies and bringing these to the insurers/clients/marketers attention.
- Participate in continuing education courses to remain knowledgeable and competitive in the industry
- Use professional techniques and strategies to calculate the risk associated with client policies
- Any changes to the insurers policy structure (i.e. increase in excess/higher benefits/new perks) to be brought to the relevant clients attention.
- Any changes to the insurers policy structure (i.e. increase in excess/higher benefits/new perks) to be brought to the marketers attention.
- Negotiate and define the specific terms of insurance policies with insurers or policyholders
- Ensuring Renewals are attended to no later than 45 days of the client’s renewal date.
- Ensuring Policy Schedules (amendments/queries) are sent to the client within the time frame set out in the policy procedures (10 days).
- Dealing with unpaid premiums, cancellations and retaining clients. Informing clients of unpaid premiums, contact any clients wishing to cancel in order to try and retain (if desirable). Keeping record of these transactions and interactions.
- short term insurance
- commercial insurance
- short term claims
- Personal Lines
- policy schedules
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: