Your key responsibilities:
- Provide strategic direction enabling all lines of business to timeously identify and proactively mitigate those regulatory risks that may present possible operational challenges or result in non-compliance with the Protection of Personal Information Act and/or General Data Protection Regulations.
- Conduct impact and risk assessments in terms of evaluating and reporting on the level regulatory compliance.
- Application of Data Privacy / Protection Regulatory Principles, Requirements and Standards.
- A subject matter expert with regard to Data Subject Rights, Consent (Employee, Customer and Third Parties), Cross-Border Flow of personal information and the running of a Privacy Office.
- Analysis of current Data Privacy and Protection practices, policies, systems, processes and the design of new or enhanced business processes in order to balance business objectives with appropriate levels of compliance.
Our required expertise:
- Relevant undergraduate qualification. Postgraduate qualification will be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of managing data privacy in a global or multi-national organisation.
- Specialized knowledge of Data Privacy and Protection laws, including but not limited to: the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act (ECTA), the Promotion of Access to Information Act (PAIA) as well as Data Privacy Laws in the EU and Africa.
- CIPP certification is a plus, Data Protection practitioner certification as a minimum.
- A seasoned facilitator and skilled implementer of Data Privacy controls (and/or Data Protection Regulations).
- Experience in Privacy Incident and/or Data Breach management.
- Base + Medical Aid + Pension
- Data Privacy
- Data Protection
- Regulatory Compliance
- Data Subject Rights
About The Employer:
The opportunity that awaits you:
My client is a global, multi-cultural brand that provides expertise to internationally renowned sports brands. As part of this sports fanatic team – you will be responsible for supporting and implementing all aspects of the data privacy compliance strategy and advising on matters surrounding data privacy / protection in Africa, the EU and Latin America with appropriate input and support from local Compliance team.