Supervise and coach a team of toolmakers within in a tool shop whose primary function is to maintain FPS system and encourage continuous improvement in manufacturing processes.
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work.
- Optimize throughput in accordance with budgets and cost objectives.
- Support Kaizen (Continuous Improvement) and coach problem resolution to the lowest level.
- Communication and Recognition.
- Meet FTT, inventory, cost, scrap, supply and tooling expense targets
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability
- Create a conducive work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities/tasks.
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents.
- Coordination of Safety Operating System activities including overhead safety, lifting and rigging and Energy Control and Lockout procedures.
- Lead skilled trades/die maintenance personnel to evaluate Die Readiness requirements for maintaining and improving production yields, and up time.
- Supervise preventative maintenance schedules, inspections and repairs to minimize down time.
- Coordinate and schedule manpower and materials to meet maintenance requirements to minimize down time.
- Responsible for monitoring day-to-day production processes, Draw panel formability, last hit process, contamination investigation.
- Understanding and expertise in draw die forming, maintenance of beads, trim steels and pierce operations.
- Ability to coordinate major and minor die repairs.
- Determine and correct root cause of related downtime issues.
- Assist and teach die maintenance troubleshooting techniques to improve mean time between failure and mean time to repair.
- Ensure start-up readiness for production.
- Coordination of maintenance activities with other plant operations. Identify and insure that safety hazards and unsafe practices are corrected and addressed.
- Performs other related duties.
PERFORMANCE MEASURES/ SUCCESS CRITERIA
- Stamping production rate.
- First time through part acceptance.
- Mean time to repair.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES (KSA)
- Fundamental working knowledge of automotive press die forming in a production environment.
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Capable of assigning work to hourly workforce and holding employees accountable for following processes pertaining to daily work assignments in terms of safety, quality, and throughput
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and leadership behaviors.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge of CAD Software. (preferably Catia).
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Knowledge of constraint management principles.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
- Toolmaker trade certificate and N4 with at least 8 years experience in Automotive stamping plant. (Over 2 models experience, 1 launch)
- 3 years experience with A class surface dies.
- 3 years experience managing a work force.
- Proficient Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel/Outlook)
- Tool and Die
- Automotive Stamping Plant
- Tool Maker
- manufacturing processes
- Tool and Die Specialist