Our client in the UAE is looking for Radiation Protection Technicians to join their team in the UAE for a 1 year (extendable) contract.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Execute the process to manage and control Radiation and Radioactive Contamination to ensure safe operation of the plant.
- Designate and operate temporary Radiological Controlled Areas as needed
- Monitor the radiological activities
- Conduct periodic surveillance tests and surveys
- Monitor high radiation areas, locked high radiation areas, contaminated areas, and airborne areas
- Monitor the transportation of radioactive material
- EQUIVALENT of ANSI 18.1-1971 & ANSI/ANS 3.1-1998 qualifications
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must be English proficient.
- Minimum of 5 years of nuclear power plant experience.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain unescorted nuclear plant access.
- Must be able to complete all medical requirements associated with ERO.
- Must be able and willing to assume “on-call” rotational assignments which may include 24 hour-a-day, 7 day-a-week availability.
- Must be willing and medically able to work rotating shifts and maximum overtime permitted by company procedures during peak periods.
- Must be willing and capable of using protective clothing and work in areas with elevated temperatures, high noise backgrounds, asbestos, radiation, and other industrial hazards.
- radiation protection
- medically fit