We are urgently recruiting for a Software Designer- Level to design specific modules, components and products and will be responsible for complex phases of an engineering project requiring the application of engineering principles and techniques.
Duties listed below:
- Translates technical specifications received from manager into usable engineering data applicable to the particular assignment. Requires a good understanding of procedures and concepts within own discipline and a basic knowledge of these elements in other disciplines.
- Work closely within a mixed-discipline team to achieve the time, budget and technical objectives and has a basic understanding of other related disciplines.
- Document all work in relevant technical environment, including advanced algorithms and design calculations, plans & estimates as well as the design performance characteristics and a summarized project cost breakdown.
- Good knowledge of regulatory requirements and compliance on designs.
- Test, evaluate, modify/enhance and re-test modules/components and products.
- Work in a professional manner consistent with the company’s commitment to excellence, and R&D’s applicable development methodologies and/or standard operating procedures.
- Standardise all designs as far as possible, using standard components; particular consideration must be given to inventory management. Always use appropriate components to ensure product excellence (exceptional reliability, high levels of functionality, excellent value, ease of manufacture and maintainability, etc.).
- Solve relatively complex problems in core discipline, and basic problems in other engineering disciplines. May rely on assistance from senior personnel to solve complex problems.
- Act as an advisor and coach to mentor junior members of the team.
- Designs modules/components/products that are reliable, cost effective and that will perform consistently in specified operating environments within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Responsible for modules/components/products of projects requiring good analytical skills as well as evaluative judgement based on the analysis of factual and qualitative information in complicated or novel situations.
- Stay abreast of latest developments in the discipline.
Precise and concise written and verbal communication skills and able to exchange complex information with all levels in the organisation
- R&D Team
- R&D Management
- Suppliers & customers
In depth knowledge of the relevant software development environments.
- Good understanding of software development methodologies.
Required Qualifications / Experience
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in a similar environment
- Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
Our client is in the manufacturing of Access Automation industry.