Infrastructure Engineer (FC SAN) (Intermediate) (Parvana)
About the Client:
- Our client is an international highly successful software development house with a niche focus on the telecommunications and payment gateway sector.
With almost 20 years of track record, this company is well recognised as a discerning employer. Their training and mentorship program is unsurpassed. Most staff will be highly qualified academically however all will be collaborative, have an Agile mind-set and all enjoying learning new things.
Continuous improvement is a way of life which is reflected in a flat organisational organogram where each employee is encouraged to come up with new solutions.
Each person is encouraged to work on their strengths and for those that are ambitious, this is the best organisation to fast track your way up the career ladder. Equally those that enjoy routine are encouraged and supported to be subject matter experts within their chosen skill set.
- You will be responsible for delivering advanced technical projects as part of a Paas (Platform as a Service) solution.
- Services include technologies related to infrastructure server and Fibre Channel storage hardware, network and Fibre Channel switches, network load balancers, operating systems, virtualization and backup and recovery strategies.
- Compiling deployment plans containing step by step technical detail for change implementations.
- Successful implementation of the self-compiled or alternate engineer compiled deployment plans.
- Delivering & supporting cutting-edge projects within the telecommunications industry.
- Assisting the team with the analysis and design of new and enhanced roll-outs of the latest PaaS / Cloud delivery solutions.
- Implementation and maintenance of existing and new monitoring and alerting tools.
- Being part of the delivery and ops teams.
- Relevant IT qualifications (Diploma or Degree).
- F5 Big-IP LTM certification or relevant experience.
- Advanced NIX (Linux / Unix) certification or relevant experience.
- Advanced VMWare VCP certification or relevant experience.
- Fortigate firewall certification or relevant experience.
- Oracle Exadata certification or relevant experience.
Skills / Experience:
- NIX scripting experience advantageous (Bash / Perl / Python / etc.).
- Extensive experience within FC/SAN technologies (HP MSA / 3PAR / Brocade).
- HP network switch experience.
- Knowledge of backup technologies advantageous (Symantec / EMC / HP).
- Knowledge of Oracle ASM / RDBMS advantageous.
- Exposure to/understanding of GSM technologies.
To apply use the application tool above or send us an email to [Email Address Removed]