- To enable data as an asset; translating business intent into concrete blueprints for the data environment and for Data Engineers to build on.
- To enable staff to meet the business objectives through the ongoing enhancement & maintenance of the enterprise data model.
- To design and maintain optimal data models/structures at both an enterprise level as well as conceptual, logical & physical levels which meet the business and architectural objectives of Capitec.
- To govern the enterprise data model.
- 8 years+ data experience that includes 5 years in Data Modelling discipline
- 3 years Data Modelling experience in financial sector
- Deep understanding of Data Management (DMBOK), systems development lifecycle methodologies and IT Architecture
- Proven analytical and problem-solving experience in a complex data environment
- Experience with generic financial industry data models
- Exposure to graph data models
- Relevant industry experience i.e. financial services or retail.
- Regulatory knowledge in respect of data management
- Diploma in Information Technology – Computer Science or Information Management
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Computer Science or Information Management
- Data Management Domain Knowledge
- Knowledge of database concepts, objects and data modelling techniques and design principles.
- Experience in wide range of data modelling techniques, such as Entity Relationship Modelling, Olap, Third normal form (Data normalisation), Dimensional modelling
- Data warehousing, BI tools and technologies as well as the optimization of underlying databases
- Data Quality
- Master Data Management
- Expert knowledge of data modeling principles/methods including conceptual, logical & physical Data Models
- Data modelling patterns e.g. party role
- Understanding financial services concepts
- IT or Data Governance experience
- Banking and financial services environments
- Data Modelling tools e.g. Sparx Enterprise Architect,Erwin & SAP Power Designer, ER/Studio or IBM data architect
- Data Integration
- Knowledge of the entire process behind software development including design and deployment
- Knowledge of Canonical Data Modelling
- How to clearly communicate complex technical ideas, regardless of the technical capacity of the audience
- Analytical Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Problem solving skills
- Facilitation Skills
- Presentation Skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Applying Expertise and Technology
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Persuading and Influencing
- Planning and Organising
- Clear criminal and credit record
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and / or weekends if required
- Ability and willingness to work in an open plan environment
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals