One of our highly esteemed clients is hiring!They are currently looking for a Lead Architect who can provide strategic technical leadership to their team in Cape Town.
You will work closely with various managers and stakeholders across their entire company as well as managing a small team of Architects, DevOps and Security Ops staff. Your team will have strong and often diverging views and you will have to use your technology, facilitation and business knowledge to guide the team to appropriate pragmatic solutions.
Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the architecture is fit for purpose;
- Managing the integrity of the architecture to maximize longevity, stability, and ease of use when developing solutions on top of it;
- Ensuring the appropriate level of governance when making architectural decisions;
- Driving the adoption of new technologies (cloud) and development practices;
- Setting guidelines on technical architecture, best engineering practices and development patterns; and,
- Responsible for staying current on recommended ‘best practice’ as it applies to technology and software development.
To apply, you need to have a strong academic background in engineering or computer science coupled with a good understanding of various enterprise architecture methodologies.
It’s vital that you have experience with all aspects of a project from design through to development, testing, implementation, and production. You need to be proficient in the techniques that go into producing designs for complex IT systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, solution design, technology selection and design configuration.
You must have extensive experience in developing software solutions primarily within an agile environment (SDLC), experience in implementing DevOps practices and knowledge of cloud technologies (AWS).
Lastly, you should have a good understanding of the business processes within the financial services sector.
So, if you have the willingness and excitement to find innovative solutions and assist in the delivery of complex software projects using the latest technologies, then this will be the perfect fit for you. Get in touch today!
About The Employer: