LegalWise seeks to employ a Claims Assessor to achieve optimal customer satisfaction through the rendering of excellent service by assisting Members to be in the best position they can be through professional legal representation.
You will be responsible for:
- Rendering general legal advice and claims assistance to Branches
- Assessing claims and administering claims files (discharging Company policy obligations in accordance with service levels)
- Liaising with Attorneys and Branches
- Ensuring effective assessments of confirmation of cover repudiation and payment requests
- Communicating effectively as well as providing feedback when dealing with both clients and attorneys
- General Administration duties, e.g. diarising of files, drafting correspondence, perusing incoming correspondence, processing of accounts timeously and data capturing
- General Hub duties as requested
- Assisting with ad hoc tasks as and when required.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Completed Legal degree
- Working knowledge of legal proceedings – criminal, civil, and labour
- Claims experience
- Good policy application and claims procedure knowledge
- Knowledge of Magistrates Court and High Court tariffs
- Computer Literate
- Claims test maybe required to be written
- Good communication skills
- Empathy and patience in dealing with Members
- Good people skills
- Good consultation skills
- Able to liaise professionally and effectively on all levels
- Problem solving abilities and negotiation skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently
- Professional Knowledge
- Managing Work (including Time Management)
- Building Customer Loyalty and Customer Focus
- communication skills.
- Judgement and Problem Solving
- Follow-up and Feedback
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
LegalWise exists to address access to justice for many South Africans, offering a more affordable way to legal services and a means to gain access to legal assistance. At LegalWise, we set great efforts to ensure a positive working environment, characterised by diversity and equality, where people feel appreciated and valued. Be part of an inclusive team that embraces openness, trust and values relationships that are mutually beneficial and respects our society.
LegalWise is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.