This is a 6 month contract role to cover a maternity leave but it will give you once in a life time experience managing a very dynamic FMCG sector: toys.
In this position you will be part of the Brand Activation team, which is executing the marketing strategy.
You are responsible for communicating and ensuring the correct adaptation and implementation of key marketing strategies defined by the current Brand Manager, with guidance from Regional Brand Marketing Team and consistent with the Brand Activation Lead guidelines for the country. Many of the first half 2021 plans will have been put in place and require smooth execution, with second half 2021 planning to be done.
You will be the local expert on the brands and categories you are in charge of. The position will ensure effective, creative and efficient implementation of marketing plans by working with agencies, visual merchandising teams, consumer products and sales teams. Last but not least the position will act as Marketing interface with internal & external customers.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Maintain constant communication with Marketing Manager stand-in and local Sales team to share expertise of the local market as well as identify synergies, alignment, best practices and opportunities within the country
- Ensure best effective and impactful amplifications & implementations of Brand strategies and action plans in the country.
- Responsible for pricing, following regional guidelines, and quotas in conjunction with Sales.
- Select the line by channel/customer and manage product information, validate translations and localization of creative assets.
- Drive the execution of brand retail activation plans (merchandizing strategies / planograms, tent poles and promotions, POP)
- Manage local media agency for the execution of brand marketing activities across all different media channels.
- Partner closely with Regional Brand Marketing and Communication teams, with Sales, and local partners to drive sales, revenue and market share.
- Contribute to driving customer engagement through presentations of product lines, brand plans, ad- hoc presentations to Sales team and key local customers.
- Team up with the Digital Marketing team, to combine your market knowledge with their online expertise, for optimal presence of your brands on the web.
- Continuously track and evaluate the performance of your efforts, and if necessary adapt your strategy for the future.
What does it take to succeed?
- You know how to get things done with a large international matrix organization, based on your previous experience within a similar context, building collaborative teams and communicate with impact across the organization.
- Solid project management skills is required. Previous brand management experience is a definitive asset.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor or University degree in Marketing, Sales or Business Administration.
- At least 2 years of commercial/marketing experience preferably in Toys, FMCG or licensed consumer goods, Apparel or Health & Beauty industry.
- Fluent in written & spoken English.
- Experience with an international/cross-cultural environment.
- Experience working within multi-national organisations
- Results oriented, winning mentality, competitive, strong will to succeed.
- Exceptional problem solving & analytical ability and a high level of organizational and time management skills.
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships
- Brand Management
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
The Employer is a market leading manufacturer of toys. It is a fun loving environment that grows and develops their staff.