Our national client, a prominent manufacturer and distributor across a myriad of industry sectors, are looking to employ an experienced Financial Manager.
Please note this role is strictly an equity appointment.
An awesome career opportunity awaits!
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports in line with reporting standards (IFRS).
- Oversight and supervision of finance staff and assistance on financial matters and processing.
- Control of daily cashflow schedule and Group cashflow projections.
- Preparation of financial information for Management and quarterly Board meetings packs.
- Calculation, review and capture of all aspects of the Annual budget, including import into ERP System (BaaN).
- Oversee compliance with all tax returns, provisional tax (bi-annually) and interaction with SARS authorities.
- Monitor the acquisition, additions, disposals and revaluation (annually) of Capex in line with approved Budgets.
- Review of Monthly audit file, reconciliations (all Balance Sheet items and significant financial transactions) and payments on a monthly basis.
- Review, authorization and release of weekly/monthly/ad-hoc payments through Online banking.
- Taking out of FEC’s with the Bank forex trading house for Global supplier payments and ensure timeous payment.
- High level review of Preliminary/Final Trial Balances and preparation of monthly Management reports for distribution to Senior Management within required timelines.
- Evaluate and advise Senior Management on cost deviation/variances to Budget
- Oversee functioning of Credit Control function, debtor collection targets, refunds/credit limit approvals, legal accounts & write-offs, where necessary.
- Monitor and implement controls in line with financial and accounting policies, controls and governance procedures.
- Oversee preparation and review of audit files, audit planning and liaison with Internal and External auditors.
- Review of new suppliers added to ERP system and bank master file
- Review of imported products costing and update of costing in ERP system
- Review of production rates (labour and overhead) for manufactured products and monthly system update.
- Oversee management of all leases, contracts and financial commitments.
- Ensure all monthly and annual statutory requirements of the organisations are met
- Compilations and distribution of statistics for South African Reserve Bank and Statistics South Africa
- Fulfilling any ad hoc duties required by the Finance Director.
Knowledge/ Skills/ Qualifications/ Experience:
- Relevant university degree in Accounting, Commerce or Business Management with Articles.
- Professional designation: Cost and Management Accountant, Certified Management Accountant or Associate General Accountant can be considered
- Minimum of 8 –10 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Strong working knowledge IFRS and accounting principles.
- Ability to manage a medium size team of finance/admin/credit control staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills needed to interact with MD, Group CFO, finance and other staff.
- Deadline driven, tolerant of stress and pressure and attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize work and deal with the most urgent demands swiftly and efficiently.
- High level of accuracy, analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Traits – honesty, competency, accountability, reliability, dependability, confidentiality.
- Manufacturing entity accounting, departmental costing, standard costing of products/variance accounting is a must.
- Good computer literacy of Excel and experience with Baan (or similar fully integrated ERP accounting package) is advantageous.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.