To support the business by generating, analyzing and reporting financial information to relevant stakeholders in order for the business to make informed business decisions that will result in overall sustainability and profit.
- To analyse, investigate and report on the costs and variances of production and stock within the business to optimise the profitability of the organisation.
- To review and verify cost centre expenses in order to determine accurate expenditure for financial reporting.
- To accurately load price adjustments in order to ensure that the master data is updated and the bills of material correctly reflect the costs of production thereby ensuring accurate GP.
- To ensure stock accuracy of the systems to optimise profit and minimise stock losses.
- To compile and report on various cost centre budgets in order to monitor finance performance against business objectives.
- To support the finance team in maintaining good corporate governance and controls resulting in audit compliance.
- To generate and report on various financial results to ensure that the business has accurate data to make informed decisions.
- To manage the petty cash for the business by controlling the float and ensuring that all related documentation is submitted within the agreed timeframe, in order to replenish the float and ensure business continuity.
- To liaise with various stakeholders and departments to obtain information, investigate issues identified and facilitate action plans to improve financial performance and profit margins on a weekly and monthly basis.
- To ensure effective communication of relevant information to all stakeholders to support effective decision making for the business.
- Grade 12
- Diploma in Cost Accounting
- Working knowledge of SAP
Financial accounting principles
Knowledge of Budget Management
- Knowledge of good corporate governance
- Computer Skills (MS Office)
- Analytical Skills
- Detail Conscious
- Reporting Skills
- Planning and organising
- Able to work under pressure
- Communication Skills (written and verbal)
- Interpersonal Skills
- Forecasting Skills
- Systematic and Methodical
- Able to solve problems through thorough analysis
- 3 Years Cost Accounting experience
- 3 Years’ experience in a large manufacturing environment
- Cost Accountant
- Cost Accounting