My client based Cape Town (Northern Suburbs) is currently looking for a Data Engineer (Google certified) to join them on a contract basis
- The natural tendency to take ownership and responsibility
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, effective planning and organisational skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent communication skills
- You have a can-do attitude and positive outlook on life
- Can cope under pressure
- Curious and interested in analysing problems and possible solutions
- Strong team player
- Self-driven learner, passionate about new technology
- Above all, be passionate about what you do
Qualifications and key competencies
- Tertiary qualification in IT
- Google certified data engineer
- Preferred cloud experience in AWS/AZURE/GCP
- At least 3 years of data warehouse ETL experience
- Dimensional Modelling
- Data analyses
- Experience with data visualization and visualization tool(s)
- Knowledge of the retail industry will be beneficial
- Understanding and experience with version control SVN/GIT
- Preferred – Korn shell scripting, Python/Java, SQL
- Google Cloud Platform experience would be looked upon favourably
- Having a broad understanding of different SDLC’s
- Preferred agile experience
- Interact with clients to understand requirements and business problems/needs.
- Identify, analyse, visualise and understand supporting data to propose solid solutions.
- Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
- Support existing solutions within GCP and Oracle.
- Doing standby on a rotating basis.
- Data Engineer
- Data engineering
Desired Work Experience:
- 5 to 10 years
Desired Qualification Level:
- Grade 12 / Matric