My client from a well-established manufacturing concern is seeking a Production Buyer to join their team based in Durban, Mobeni. The successful incumbent must have intermediate Excel skills and a good technical understanding, with strong attention to detail.
- Forecasting likely levels of demand for services, products and/or component parts to be used in any manufacturing process.
- Conducting research to ascertain market trends and needs.
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers, relevant internal departments and customers.
- Developing purchasing policies and procedures.
- Identifying potential suppliers.
- Producing reports.
- Negotiating and authorize contracts and monitoring their progress.
- Processing payments and invoices.
- Keeping contract files and using them as reference.
- Ensuring suppliers are aware of business objectives, policies and procedures.
- Liaising with users and other relevant departments.
- Checking costs, quality and levels of service.
- Monitor stock levels to maximize business efficiency.
- It may be necessary for you to perform duties, which are over and above your general responsibilities.
- These tasks will be reasonable and will fall within your skills and capabilities
- Grade 12 with related qualification
- 3-5 years’ experience in procurement (pref mechanical parts buying)
- Experience on MS Office Package
Interested and qualified candidates may send CV’s to [Email Address Removed]
- technical buyer
- Strategic Sourcing
- mechanical parts
Desired Qualification Level:
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid
- Pension Fund