ENVIRONMENT:A growing US-based software solutions firm seeks a highly technical IT Back End Developer (JHB) to provide exceptional service assisting clients to implement new and existing programmes. You must be experienced in the IT industry with UNIX scripting, knowledge of Oracle / DB2 / Teradata / Sybase / Informix / Hyperion and skilled in a programming language such as C/C++ / Java / COBOL or OO languages. You will be home-based and must have easy access to a major airport and good road communications as travel will be expected, often extended periods at short notice. If you’re more interested in a technical hands-on role, then this opportunity is for you. Please only apply if you have a PHD or Masters [URL Removed] / Mentor to help a customer build the first few applications and customize existing applications.
- Must be proficient in English.
- Very experienced within the IT industry.
- A ‘hands on’ and inquisitive approach to working with technology. We are looking for people who want to “get under the cover” to find out how things work.
- A demonstrated aptitude for coding and fascination with data.
- Experience of using programming languages such as C++, Java, Python, Typescript or SQL, and experience of using Unix or Linux.
- Awareness and interest of newer technologies, e.g., Cloud or Hadoop ecosystem
An enthusiasm for staying current with the latest technology and trends.
Helpful to have –Knowledge or awareness of –
- Business MetaData
- Data quality and Data cleansing e.g., tools such as SAS Dataflux, Trillium et al.
- Real-time applications or Web Services
- Data Warehousing
- Big Data applications
- Foreign languages are an advantage with the following languages are of particular interest: Polish, French, Turkish, German, Spanish and Italian.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Polished and professional approach to communications with customers and prospects.
While we would really like to respond to every application, should you not be contacted for this position within 10 working days please consider your application unsuccessful.COMMENTS:When applying for jobs, ensure that you have the minimum job requirements. OnlySA Citizens will be considered for this role. If you are not in the mentioned location of any of the jobs, please note your relocation plans in all applications for jobs and correspondence. Please e-mail a word copy of your CV to [Email Address Removed] and mention the reference numbers of the jobs. We have a list of jobs on [URL Removed] Datafin IT Recruitment – Cape Town Jobs.