Head of Marketing will help us execute to strategy focusing on generating profitable and or sustainable growth of the business. This is a function of the business that is tasked with evaluating customer/consumer needs, gaining deeper insights while keeping view of the evolving market dynamics & using all these insights to derive executable strategies that will drive the business to meet its objectives, while providing direction to teams in execution! Collaboration with Sales function for buy-in through communicating clear expectations & fostering commitment is essential for success in this position! The incumbent is expected to plan, direct and control marketing including
digital activities in the overall SOUTH AFRICAN AFFILIATE, including the setting of marketing to achieve pre-determined profit targets. Evaluate the timely adjustment of marketing strategy and plans to meet changing market and competitive conditions. You will need to ensure that suitable persons are selected, retained and developed in or- der to maintain an effective, stable work force in all regional and business sectors. You possess outstanding current knowledge of the relevant markets and industry i.e., pharmaceutical, Retail & Service (NGO); and stay at the forefront of business, technical, and strategic developments. You have strong line management capabilities & are able to inspire, motivate & deliver through the team. The incumbent will lead an experienced team of sales & marketing analyst , brand managers and digital marketing focused on consumers, customers and expert/ KOL (HCPs/Pharmacists).
- Bachelor’s degree in Science / Commerce, Marketing / Business Administration or related discipline, or the equivalent education and experience are required.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a Marketing Management position with demonstrable line management experience, to be able to provide coaching to experienced product managers.
- Proven experience within Pharmaceutical Industry (Private & Public Sector) is a key advantage.
- Proven experience within distributor model (DX & AX model) is critical in this position.
- Proven experience in dealing with public sector tenders is crucial.
- Proven experience healthcare professional in multi-channel marketing.
- Minimum 7 years within marketing environment, strong exposure to market research and business analytics.
- Experience and knowledge of data warehousing and management. Good grasp & knowledge of IQVIA/IMS/ImpactRx and other data sources, QlikView is beneficial.
- Strong communication & influencing skills across different levels of the organization, as well as analytical, campaign development and planning skills.
- Demonstrated ability to translate marketing strategies into tactical plans and leading teams in executing those plans.
- Proven multi country management as well as launch experience.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English & other local language capabilites.