The Machine Learning Engineer is primarily responsible for building end-to-end machine learning models from ideation to deployment and scalability.
- Combine several different machine learning algorithms with domain knowledge to meet business requirements
- Comprehensively create and maintain documentation of the software and system implementation, according to documentation standards.
- Implement above architectures with deep learning frameworks
- Train models on large-scale data and fine-tune hyper-parameters.
- Research and implement appropriate machine learning algorithms and tools by selecting the correct libraries, programming languages and frameworks for each task.
- Understand and use computer science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithms, computability, complexity, and computer architecture.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and integrate the latest data technologies into existing requirements.
- Follow best practices and standards in machine learning.
- Peer review machine learning models and advise on shortfalls and improvement.
- Present complex machine learning concepts and results to both technical and non-technical audiences.
About The Employer:
Minimum Experience Level:6-8 years of relevant senior level experience in Data Science / Advanced AnalyticsPreferred Qualification: Related Masterâ€™s DegreeEssential Qualification: BSc in Computer Science, Engineering, Econometrics, Mathematical Statistics, Actuary ScienceAdvantageous skills experience:
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, statistics, optimization or related fields
- Experience working with large data sets, simulation/optimization and distributed computing tools
- SQL Server, Netezza, Redis, MongoDB etc
All positions will be filled in accordance with our clientâ€™s Employment Equity plan. We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.