Don’t be a big fish in a small pond. We can make your career happen!Our client, a retail giant, is actively looking for a Point of Sales (POS) Solution Architect to join their team in Cape Town.
You will be responsible for strategically advising and shaping requirements for POS solutions and creating high-quality data, application and technology architectures in support of the business requirements and leading the realisation of the design into the final solution implementation.
Deep subject matter knowledge of POS-related technologies as applied to the retail industry is essential for this role.
To apply, you need to have a Degree in Information Systems or Computer Science coupled with 7-10 years’ experience working within the IT industry, 3-5 years’ experience with architecting POS Platforms and 3 years’ experience with implementing POS solutions.
You need to have 5+ years’ experience in the following:
- Retail industry experience with an understanding of retail business processes;
- Working on projects across multiple applications, SAP and non-SAP;
- Experience with all aspects of IT projects (SDLC);
- Excellent design and architecture skills and proven track record delivering well-designed complex enterprise-class systems;
- Experience in high volume data and file processing, in real-time and batch integration environments;
- Leading a team through an architectural development process and collaborating with the software development team (2- 3 years); and,
- Experience with current research and standards in Solution Architecture (2-3 years).
Adding to the above, your knowledge/experience will need to encompass the following:
- Architecture and solution design (UML, OO, SOA, etc.);
- Software frameworks and methodologies (Agile, TOGAF, etc.);
- Commercial and business understanding of the retail industry; and,
- Experience using RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases – Advantageous.
Think you have what it takes to take on this challenge? Then contact us today for a confidential discussion.
About The Employer: