The closing date for applications is Friday, the 19th March 2021.
Support Line Management to maintain safety and CEM compliance.
- Job Functions: Health and Safety.
- Industries: Mining.
- Capital and operating budgets for emergency services.
- Contractor management – On site fire / rescue paramedics.
- Day to day management of contracted emergency services.
- Interface with specialized external emergency facilities including airlift evacuation when required.
- Informs HSES teams and line management of all incidents and progress on response and treatment.
- New developments and continual improvement in medical and fire emergency services and rescue.
- Provides operational management with a clear direction regarding Crisis and Emergency Management on site.
- Maintain an operational Crisis and Emergency Management (CEM) Plan at site level and monitor the ongoing implementation.
- Serious contenders will have a Degree / National Diploma in HSE and a minimum of 4 years’ experience in clinical work as an AEA / ILS of which at least 1 year in a supervisory position.
- Being Registered with HPCSA Intermediate Life Support (ILS) Practitioner is essential.
- NFPA accredited Fire Fighting I & II is essential.
- The following skills are essential: Confined space rescue; high angle I & II rope rescue; basic aquatic (surface) rescue; trench rescue.
- Having attended a snake handling & defensive driving course is essential.
- A driver’s license for either Code 11 or 14 with a professional driving permit (PDP) is essential.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office Suite (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.) is essential.
- Experience in a managerial position in the mining environment is advantageous.
- Ambulance Emergency Assistant
- Intermediate Life Support
- HPCSA Intermediate Life Support (ILS) Practitioner
- Fire Fighting I & II
- Confined space rescue
- High angle I & II rope rescue
- Snake Handling
- Defensive driving
- Professional driving permit (PDP)
Desired Qualification Level: