What are we looking for?
- Raizcorp is looking to employ a highly professional, hands on, Projects Manager for a 12-month contract. We are looking for an individual with a strong background in operations within the Learning and Development/ Training industries specifically.
- Your previous experience managing multiple projects in an operations environment is critical. We’re also seeking your knowledge and experience in rolling out new learning programmes and getting learning centres established in and around South Africa. You need to be a focussed personality, able to problem-solve, solution and implement with initiative. In addition to this, you will need the proven ability to keep track of a vast number of project deliverables and nuances in learning courses etc. and effectively and efficiently report on progress to all stakeholders. You will work closely with the Senior SDE Projects Manager on all projects, so a collaborative and pro-active team player personality is essential.
What does a Projects Manager do?
- Your day-to-day work will be focussed on the different project and programme deliverables under your control.
- You’ll be joining the Delivery department, whose work it is to ensure that all learning and coaching programmes delivered nationally are done so in a highly professional, meticulous, replicable manner.
- You need to be hands-on as you will be directly involved in all facets of all programmes.
- We often have corporate sponsors who are very deliberate about the nuances of their sponsored programmes – it will be your role to ensure that these nuances are contained in all facets of the projects you’re working on.
- In order to do this, you will need to critically understand all Raizcorp learning and delivery methodologies and programme nuances, so that you are able to ensure seamless project delivery (and ultimately ensure that our programmes run the way they are intended to run and that all promises contracted with the client are kept).
What experience is preferred?
- We’re looking for your experience in operations. You must have projects experienced. Any experience in running remote location learning / training programmes would be a big advantage.
- You need experience in a pressurised, delivery-focussed environment. We’re big about doing it with quality, on-time with many moving parts to consider. Your experience in similar environments would be an advantage.
- Also, you will need to onboard vast amounts of knowledge and keep track of many technical nuances – we’re looking for your proven ability to hold such a difficult space.
- You will need to know how to write and edit reports – you really need a meticulous eye for editing.
What kind of personality will excel in this role?
- You need to have thick skin and be able to take direct, constructive criticism to improve.
- You need to be work-focussed, but you cannot be overly sensitive or possessive of your work as you will receive comments and requests for improvements. It is just how we work.
- You need to be intelligent and be able to roll with changes: in an operations space the best laid plans will move and shift, so your flexibility is critical to your success.
- You need to be a positive personality who works with great care.
- A good sense of humour is vital.
What are the minimum requirements?
- You must have a tertiary level qualification, preferable in a commerce related field of study.
- Minimum 4 – 5 years’ experience in national projects management preferably in the learning/ training industry.
- Strong experience in group facilitation and boardroom presentations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project).
- Proven ability to work with detailed data analysis and metrics.
- Proven ability to learn vast quantities of material in a short period of time.
- Own vehicle with valid driver’s license non-negotiable.
- High EQ
- Strong driver personality
- Deadline driven
- Creative and strategic
- Self motivated and organised
- Tenacious with the ability to drive core business behaviours
- Systematic approach to work
- Pro-active Team Player
- Strong emotional maturity to take ownership and accountability
- The ability to take constructive criticism and take corrective action to make improvements
- Able to travel nationally and internationally
Desired Qualification Level: