A well established and JSE listed financial services provider is currently looking for a reliable and trustworthy Information Security Analyst.
This role will be perfectly suited for an individual who will provide frontline defence of networks whilst also protecting information from unauthorized access and violations by analysing and assessing potential security risks and escalating for further analysis.
These duties are also inclusive of penetration testing and vulnerability management.
- Qualification in information technology or related domain (preferred)
- Preferable: CEH or related qualification
- 1-2 years’ experience related experience
- Experience with Information Security Governance, Operational Information Security.
- Security certification e.g., CISSP & CISM (essential)
- Review’s security alerts to determine relevancy and urgency and take appropriate action to mitigate risk.
- Runs vulnerability scans and reviews vulnerability assessment reports to assess and address vulnerabilities.
- Manages and configures security monitoring tools (netflows, IDS, correlation rules, etc.) to ensure optimal use and coverage.
- Contribute to the development and maintain of security policies, procedures, standards and awareness.
- Analyse threat information from a variety of internal and external sources to provide actionable intelligence to maintain and enhance the defences.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and internal and external stakeholders.
- Make recommendations to improve client service and fair treatment of clients within area of responsibility.
- Take ownership for driving own career development and the career development of team (where applicable).
- Actively create a positive work climate and culture to energise employees, give meaning to work, minimise work disruption and maximise employee productivity.
Reference Number for this position is NN52481 which is a permanent position based in Centurion offering a cost to company salary from up to R750k per annum negotiable on experience and ability. Contact Nigel on [Email Address Removed] or call him on [Phone Number Removed]; to discuss this and other opportunities.
Are you ready for a change of scenery? e-Merge IT recruitment is a specialist niche recruitment agency. We offer our candidates options so that we can successfully place the right developers with the right companies in the right roles. Check out the e-Merge website [URL Removed] for more great positions.
Do you have a friend who is a developer or technology specialist? We pay cash for successful referrals!
- Operational Information Security
Desired Work Experience:
- 1 to 2 years Systems Analysis
Desired Qualification Level: