Microsoft Support Engineer
360 Smart Networks – based in Georgia, USA
Do you live in the CenturionMidrand area? Do you thrive on providing exceptional customer service? Do you have a passion for technology, hardware diagnosis, troubleshooting? Are you continually looking for opportunities for efficiencies through ingenuity, process and documentation?
We are seeking a career-driven, motivated individual to join our South African based NOC team.
- End to end management of support tickets, ensuring accurate and timely information recorded
- Receive and log all requests and incidents
- Manage all e-mails, response times and resolution times according to SLA
- Ensure quality closure of desktop and related incidents, requests or projects within SLA
- Install, configure and support all Microsoft desktop and server operating systems.
- Install, configure and support all Microsoft and other application software (desktop and server).
- General hardware troubleshooting (desktop and server).
- General troubleshooting on all IT related equipment.
- Respond to and resolve support calls via remote connection (desktop and server).
- Assist customers telephonically.
- Remote administration of servers and workstations.
- Compile desktop and server configuration documentation for client sites.
- Execute orders and follow up service and repairs with external suppliers.
- Identify possible risks or problems and escalate to senior engineers.
Expertise – Skills
- Current MCSE / MCSA (2012+)
- A+, Network+
- 5+ years in Desktop (Windows 7 up to latest)
- 4+ years in Server support role (Server 2008 up to latest)
- Solid fundamental understanding of networks (both LAN and WAN)
- Working knowledge of Active Directory administration: creating user accounts, resetting passwords, disabling and deleting users
- Remote support delivery tools
- User security and rights management
- No Criminal Record
- OWN RELIABLE TRANSPORT
- 3 to 5 years of Service Desk experience
- Understanding Firewall, NAT and Routing rules
- Experience with remote support applications and techniques (e.g. VPN, RDP).
- Understanding of Virtualization and cloud-based solutions
- Support Ticketing (ConnectWise desirable)
- Office 365 support – Intermediate
- Scripting knowledge
Ideally you will be experienced in support delivery to international locations as well as the following:
- Excellent proficiency in both written and spoken English
- Effective teamwork and self-management
- Follow through to ensure that personal quality and productivity standards are consistently and accurately maintained
- Demonstrate consistent application of internal procedures
- Plan and prioritize, demonstrating abilities to manage competing demands
- Demonstrate abilities to anticipate and manage change
- Demonstrate flexibility in balancing achievement of own objectives with abilities to understand and respond to organizational needs
- Personal interest in staying up-to-date on technology trends
- You must be a permanent resident or citizen to apply for this position.
Suitable candidates from CenturionMidrand are encouraged to apply
Please Note that this position is based in Highveld Techno Park, Centurion
THE HOURS ARE 12PM (afternoon) UNTIL 9PM at night, MON-FRI
About The Employer:
360 Smart Networks was founded in 2002 and based in Atlanta. We provide complete outsourced IT Management and Support Services (MSP) to small and medium sized companies in the South East US. We establish long-term relationships with our clients and provide them with the necessary IT infrastructure and services to help them grow their businesses. We are dedicated to maintaining open communication and providing quality customer service. Our client base has grown substantially and we are looking for talented individuals to join our team. This is a great opportunity to work for a company that embraces a wide range of leading edge technologies and with a team of highly experienced and talented Engineers.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Performance Bonus