Duties & Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Head – Academic Operations, the Customer Relations Centre is responsible for managing student queries relating to all aspects of their student experience. They are the front office, student facing team which handles face to face counselling, academic counselling, programme and policy information, queries arising from The Student HUB and remains the liaison between the student and back office operations (the Assessment Centre, Results Centre and Capacity Planning & Timetabling Centres) in resolving the student query. Handles all administrative interventions with regards to ensuring the student query has been noted and closed.
Academic Counselling – Rules for Progression
- Face to face consultation and administrative intervention required for students regarding their registration contracts
- Inform students of alternate curriculum scenarios as long as it is in keeping with the rules governing the curriculum
Programme Information Sessions and Class Visits
- Delivery of the academic orientation programme for new and returning students
- Manage the dissemination of policies (new and updates)
- Attend informal meet-and-greet sessions with students and lecturers
- Programme information sessions refer to class sessions to explain and induct students with relevant policies and procedures that govern their life on campus
- Periodical class visits are conducted to canvas concerns and share relevant information
- Support students on assignment submission regarding the correct anti-plagiarism tool applicable to their programme
- Assisting students with Learn, The Student HUB, Turnitin, SafeAssign and Student Portal queries.
- Assisting Online students with relevant information to the distance study journey.
Student Query Resolution
- Resolve stakeholder queries within a committed time frame (student and parents)
- Respond timeously to student queries around financial and lecturer queries (telephonically/ email/ verbally)
- Capture all contact with students on System for Academic Management (SAM)
- Draft letters of conduct on request
- Assist with The Student HUB queries that are unresolved or may require further attention
- Assist with the roll out of all relevant customer related surveys.
Internal Query Resolution
- Liaison with the Admission Centre with queries associated with Admission and Graduation.
- Liaison with Finance – use the Customer Relations Centre as a conduit for information to and from the student.
- Liaise with external institutions
- Responsible for ensuring all students notes are captured in the System for Academic Management (SAM).
- Capture conversations had with students on Student Notes/System
- Supporting new members of staff with training where required
- Regular focus group sessions. Discussions around the challenges and improvements on existing processes.
- Survey analysis consolidation and presentation to the team leader
- Maintaining a positive, empathetic and professional attitude toward our students
- Maintain a good knowledge of products and policies to advise students accordingly.
Desired Experience & Qualification:
- Minimum of 3 year Diploma or Bachelors Degree. Postgraduate qualification advantageous
- Minimum of 3 years work experience in administration, 2 years in project or operational management, 2 years in a supervisory role and 3 years experience in customer service
- Project Management
- Operational Management
- Customer Service
- Student Support
About The Employer:
A leading tertiary institution is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced individual to join their team as a Customer Relations Officer.