This role requires a focused, energetic, self-motivated, intuitive individual with an investigative nature, to maintain and administer security measures to mitigate internal and external vulnerabilities and potential threats against the Company’s assets & personnel by ensuring a high level of serviceability and availability of all security requirements within the organisation.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Degree in Security risk management/legal/criminology/BCom/BSc/Forensics
- 7-8 years relevant previous experience in risk, safety and security management in Financial Services environment
- Proven experience in management a team of specialists within a similar environment
- Extensive experience of all regulatory aspects of risk, safety and security management (i.e. OHAS)
Financial Management and business planning
- Compile annual safety and security budget as per business needs and new interventions/processes/systems to minimize risk for the company
- Manage, monitor and approve relevant costs for risk intervention/needs effectively
- Ensure compliance to budget and expenditure
- Co-ordinate and manage all activities related to physical safety & security to ensure minimal non trading losses occur
- Devise the Branch Safety & Security business plan and operating model, ensuring their alignment with the strategic goals of the business unit and organisation, and oversee its implementation
- Work with the Divisional Executive/ Business Unit head to plan Branch Safety & Security initiatives that will service and achieve the strategic and business objectives of the division / business unit.
7.2 Quality safety and security management of all elements, including managing external service providers.
- Provide specialist knowledge on all safety and security matters
- Ensure risk awareness, compliance and a service orientated function to all internal company departments
- Communicate & escalate high risk incidents to the company
- Develop and implement effective national protection plan for the security and safety policy and processes.
- Maintain and update as per business change requirements.
- Assisting the Police Service with investigations
- Ensure continuous service delivery and strict SLA manage with all service providers
- Manage adjustments to existing contracts and specifications
- Create a secure business environment analysing incidents and evaluation of security implications
- Findings & recommendations should be noted & escalated
- Ensure implementation of all safety and security policy and processes
- Create awareness of safety & security by planning structured visits to branches
- Coordinate proactive inspections to ensure:
- Branches are compliant to OHASA regulations and company policy and procedures, and
- Educate staff on security related issues
- Trends to be identified & flagged
- Training module to be designed & implemented by team.
- Keep management informed of all relevant safety and security related incidents including:
- Monthly progress reports
- Feedback on quality of service delivery by service providers/contractors
- Responsible for monthly risk report (SABRIC) to ensure effective operation of department
7.3 Evaluate and assess risk factors and to ensure alignment with current business needs
- Formalize intelligence requirements to align own resources (Sabric & Vusela & BPC) by providing a monthly Risk Control Report
- Involvement with the design of security training interventions
- Responsible for continuous research and development to be able to provide improvement input to business wrt processes, technology
- Stay abreast with industry norms on best practice (i.e. technology, physical security systems & procedures, attend national & international conferences (Securex).
7.4.1 Team Management
- Lead, co-ordinate and monitor/track activities, projects, etc.
- Responsible for KPA contracting and performance discussions
- Identify training gaps and take accountability for training and up skilling
- Create and maintain healthy team functioning and motivation and facilitate regular staff meetings and feedback to Executive: Risk Management
- Ensure awareness and adherence to applicable company policies and procedures
7.4.2 Stakeholder management
- Responsible for stakeholder and relationship management and communication related to Branch Safety & Security:
- Identify internal and external parties or stakeholders for Branch Safety & Security and define their criticality and appropriate engagement method.
- Undertake relationship building to build trust and ensure stakeholders understand the function, the department, operating model and methods as well as their role and required contribution
- Establish and manage stakeholder expectations and develop understanding of the client’s business
- Work cross functionally; network both internally and externally to ensure a relevant network which will enable and enhance the operation of the department.
- Engage with internal stakeholders to determine how to improve Branch Safety & Securitystandards and processes across the business.
7.4.3 Branch Safety & Security standards, principles, policies and practices.
- Remain up to date with advancements and developments in Branch Safety & Security, including technology, best practice and legal/statutory requirements to optimise departmental performance.
- Responsible for Branch Safety & Securitycompliance with relevant financial, banking regulatory and legislated requirements.
- Responsible for risk and governance inBranch Safety & Security agree KRIs and management thereof with Managers.
- Accountable for the embedment of organisational policies across the department and provide guidance to the management team regarding related practices and principles to ensure effective implementation and maintenance of same.
- Support the organisation’s transformation objectives by planning and seeking transformation opportunities