Our client in the steel industry is looking for a Branch Manager to join their team in Epping, Cape Town.
The successful applicant will manage staff, control branch debtors, ensure proper stock management, and foster a positive environment within the branch so as to ensure customer satisfaction, and hence a successful branch operation.
The successful applicant should have a hands-on approach, and will be committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales targets achievement.
Duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Direct all operational aspects including distribution operations, customer service, human resources, administration and sales
- Assess local market conditions and identify current and prospective sales opportunities
- Develop forecasts, financial objectives and business plans
- Meet goals and metrics
- Manage budget and allocate funds appropriately
- Bring out the best of branch’s personnel by providing training, coaching, development and motivation
- Locate areas of improvement and propose corrective actions that meet challenges and leverage growth opportunities
- Share knowledge with other branches and headquarters on effective practices, competitive intelligence, business opportunities and needs
- Address customer and employee satisfaction issues promptly
- Adhere to high ethical standards, and comply with all regulations/applicable laws
- Network to improve the presence and reputation of the branch and company
- Stay abreast of competing markets and provide reports on market movement and penetration
Key Performance Measures:
- Achievement of Sales / Margins / OPEX and PAT targets
- Ensure that branch debtors are properly managed and that all 90/120 and old monies are collected.
- Achieve a branch debtors days target of 45 days
- Ensure that adequate stock is carried so as to service the customers and that the stock value reflects a maximum of 35 days stockholding.
- Address all redundant and slow-moving stock so as to ensure that this is kept to an absolute minimum. Identify and Implement innovative and creative ways to sell this stock
- Ensure that the stock is secure and that all efforts are made to alleviate any stock losses at the Branch.
- Build, Motivate and maintain a strong team to support the objectives of the Branch.
- Tertiary qualification will be advantageous
- Minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in managing a Branch (full function – i.e.: financials, transport, operations, sales, customer service, warehouse etc.) within a steel trading industry
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience within the Steel and Tube industry – product knowledge / background is essential
- branch manager
- steel industry
- steel and tubing