This Global manufacturing organisation is looking for a qualified (Red Seal) Mechanical Fitter who has experience working on heavy duty machinery to join their team in JHB East. This role will start off on a 6 – 12 month contract however there is a very good possibility of the role becoming permanent should the individual prove themselves.
- Red Seal Qualified Mechanical Fitter
- 3 – 5 years’ work experience within a manufacturing environment and experience working on heave duty machinery.
- On Site experience is essential
- Assemble the various sub-assemblies of a machine into a working unit.
- Move any piece of equipment into or out of a working position at a mine site, quarry, or other such location.
- Perform necessary inspections on a newly assembled machine to make sure that it will operate properly on start-up.
- Perform specific tests on equipment, such as stall-test, output feed size gradations, lubrication feed rate measurements, temperature monitoring, take current overload readings etc.
- Perform troubleshooting tasks to identify the root cause of any problems being experienced with equipment.
- Monitor equipment operating in the field for the purpose of improving the performance, either in terms of throughput rate, output product size, ability to handle difficult (eg. Hard or sticky) material, or for any other reason. Thereafter the Service Engineer must be able to present his suggestions to the customer, or to the sales or design company, and also carry out the necessary work to effect the changes required.
- Remove broken or damaged equipment and replace it with new/repaired equipment.
- Provide training and/or instruction to the customer’s workforce on how to perform maintenance tasks in a safe effective manner.
- Perform the role of link person between the customer’s representatives on the site and the company so that any issues can be communicated and dealt with in a calm, logical and professional manner.
- Record suggestions for design improvements and feed these back as part of the site reporting, so that they can be passed on to Design and Consultancy.
- Perform all physical activities that are required to fulfil the duties described above in a safe and professional manner, either alone or in conjunction with other persons who may, or may not be familiar with our equipment. This work may involve:
- The use of heavy tooling
- The moving of large or bulky parts manually
- Working heights
- Working in confined spaces
- Working in extreme hot or cold locations
- Working long shifts
- Perform tasks required a high level of dexterity and agility
- Carry out high levels of physically strenuous work
- Work involving the extensive use of hard power tools
- Work which, due to the lack of local skills and experience, may need to be performed for extended periods, or for a number of consecutive days
- Work in conjunction with other engineering disciplines, such as electrical engineering, civil engineering, rigging and haulage, customer’s production operators etc.
- Communicate with representatives of the customer, at all levels, on technical and engineering matters relating to the job at hand.
- Perform a certain degree of customer relations work to build/improve the relationship between the company and the customer. This may be particularly difficult, especially if problems are being experienced.
- Perform all work in relation to the overhaul of a specific machine, including the removal and replacement of:
- Sizer and feeder shafts
- Wear components
- Fluid Couplings
- Gears and seals
- Electro-mechanical and hydraulic drives
- All Instrument, fault finding and trouble shooting
- On Site experience is essential
About The Employer:
For similar vacancies and more exciting opportunities please follow us on LinkedIn.
Should you meet the above minimum requirements, please submit your CV and a copy of your ID and Qualifications to [Email Address Removed] . Please quote the TITLE of this vacancy in the subject line of your email as reference. Should you not receive a response within 2 weeks please consider your application unsuccessful, however we will keep your details on record, in accordance with the Protection of Personal Information Policy, for suitable future roles. Should you wish to have your details removed from our Data Base please email: [Email Address Removed], Thank you.