Our client is urgently looking to employ a registered and experienced Veterinary Nurse.
Location: Florida Park, Roodepoort
- Diploma or Degree in Veterinary Nursing
- Must be registered as a Veterinary Nurse with the South African Veterinary Council (SAVC)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience
- Maintain registration and be in good standing with the S.A.V.C.
- Prepare animals for surgery & assist in surgery under Veterinary Supervision.
- Perform any procedures permitted by the S.A.V.C. such as dental, radiography, etc as instructed by the Head Nurse/Veterinary Surgeon.
- Undertake ward duties to include caring & monitoring of inpatients, dispensing medications, cleaning, and feeding, collecting urine/fecal samples
- Carry out diagnostic tests as instructed by Head Nurse/Veterinary Surgeon
- Holding & calming stressed animals whilst the Veterinary Surgeon examines them.
- Maintain up-to-date and accurate clinical records of surgical and medical in-patients.
- Dispense drugs in accordance with professional guidelines and hospital rules and in accordance with the South African Medicines Control Council and South African Veterinary Council rules and regulations.
- Order drugs and medical supplies as required by the hospital.
- Keep a dispensing register of both incoming and outgoing drugs.
- Discharge in-patients from the hospital ensuring the provision of appropriate information of patient management as directed by the Veterinary Surgeon.
- Assist reception staff in answering the telephone during busy periods.
- Be responsible for your own safety and those working alongside you, assist management in ensuring Health and Safety objectives are met and maintained.
- General vet nursing duties, theatre nursing, anesthesia, placing intravenous catheters, taking blood, running blood using IDEXX machines, nurse consults e.g., general care of inpatients, bandages, and suture removal.
- You will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
Code of Conduct for Nurses:
- You are expected to wear a uniform and or Radiation Protective clothing.
- You are expected to take reasonable care of the above-mentioned clothing that the employer has provided for you.
- To ensure that while on duty you are always neat, tidy, and presentable
- You may administer drugs in accordance with the provisions of the Veterinary Council and the Medicines Control Council
- You are expected to obey all lawful; and reasonable instructions given to you by a veterinary doctor.
- You are to treat all patients in a humane and compassionate manner
- You are to ensure that your personal hygiene and presentation are good.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Pension Fund