- To provide functional, technical and strategic insight and input to the Department strategy and to operationalise, enable and deliver the Forex strategy, offering tailor-made, flexible treasury solutions for clients via;
- Price transparency, forex, money market solutions and Trade Finance, with products such as FECs, Derivatives, Call Accounts, Term Deposits, Structured Solutions, Letters of Credit, Trade Guarantees, Bills, Exchange Control Advice.
- To lead and manage the Forex Technology function, accountable for optimising performance of the function through business planning, budgets, goals and metrics, people, standards, principles and processes.
- 8 yrs+ generalist management in a senior role overseeing an organizational unit in Forex
- Experience of Agile methodology working; working in feature teams.
- Proven experience of using influence and relationships to drive and achieve objectives.
- Experience of successfully leading, planning and managing technology initiatives
- Fintech integration, has worked with third parties in the Forex environment and understands how to do it effectively.
- Working with partner companies to achieve business objectives
- Management experience in Capitec Bank or a business bank.
- Diploma in Information Technology – Computer Science or Commerce
Qualifications (Ideal or Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology – Systems Engineering or Economic and Management Sciences
- The Forex environment, how a Forex value chain works.
- Regulations and compliance relating to Forex.
- Extensive technical knowledge of banking, business and Forex management systems.
- Working with partner organisations (intermediaries.)
- Understanding of risk, data, profit and loss, regulations, compliance related to Forex.
- Commercial, business and financial principles and practices.
- Building and developing effective teams.
- General business knowledge and acumen.
- Governance and risk management principles.
- Business products, processes, policies and systems.
- IT systems and data analysis and management.
- Quality management principles and practice.
- National Forex industry and competitor landscape
- Analytical Skills
- Problem solving skills
- Leadership Skills
- Interpersonal & Relationship management Skills
- Commercial Thinking Skills
- Management skills
- Negotiation skills
- Strategic Thinking Skills
- Planning, organising and coordination skills
- Deciding and Initiating Action
- Leading and Supervising
- Working with People
- Relating and Networking
- Persuading and Influencing
- Presenting and Communicating Information
- Formulating Strategies and Concepts
- Planning and Organising
- Adapting and Responding to Change
- Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
- Clear criminal and credit record
- A valid driver’s license and own vehicle is required
- Willingness to travel nationally if and when required
- Willingness to work or be available overtime and / or weekends if required
- Ability and willingness to work in an open plan environment
- Willing and able to use own home as a formal office / base of operations (including space for ad hoc storage of paperwork, stock, etc.)
Capitec is committed to diversity and, where feasible, all appointments will support the achievement of our employment equity goals