Leading software solutions supplier in retail arena looking to employ a number of field consultants in Knysna / Garden Route area
retailjobs #itjobs #fieldconsultant #fieldjobs #eastlondonjobs #pos #knysnajobs #knysna #gardenroutejobs
Duties & Responsibilities
- Ability to diagnose and repair equipment in client sites by the company;
- operate and have a sound technical knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of computing equipment and software;
- follow manuals and read complicated instructions;
- Work independently; communicate effectively in written and oral form;
- operate a variety of standard office and retail equipment including POS terminals and servers, personal computers, printers, copiers;
- establish and maintain effective work relationships with those contacted in the performance of required duties;
- Maintain and actively pursue personal knowledge of current industry trends and technological advancements within the computing field.
- Coordinates Retail computer hardware and software troubleshooting, installation, repair, problem diagnosis, and implementation.
- Assists in the processes, by which requests and inquiries related to Retail computing, local area networks, wide area networks, host systems communications are received, screened, prioritized, and resolved.
- Receives calls for assistance, installations, and general maintenance; logs calls and takes appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with acceptable time frames for the user community; provides management and status reports on all requests.
- Installs, tests, and maintains a variety of Retail computing and network hardware and software systems; performs diagnostic tests, modifies or repairs hardware to the board or component level; gathers and records appropriate data related to these functions.
- Provides support to the company clients and related services which includes Retail and office staff, in the proper application of existing or new Retail POS and Server, office computer software and hardware systems; coordinates training for personnel related to troubleshooting and basic repair.
- Maintains a high level of Retail POS and Server computer knowledge and computing hardware, software systems, and host system data communications requirements.
- Interfaces to vendors for the purpose of establishing and maintaining a source of hardware systems, components, parts, and peripheral devices; problem resolution; and training and in-service programs.
- Responds to a rapidly changing technical environment and the requirements of the business.
- May coordinate activities and train other technical personnel.
- Ensures that a complete inventory of supplies and parts are maintained and that all shortages are ordered in a timely manner.
- Maintains and reviews reports on activities per site.
- Plans, organizes and coordinates daily schedules for all sites.
- May be required to work during weekends or for extended hours.
- Utilizes Computing hardware and software word-processing, spreadsheet, and database applications to perform basic duties including documentation, reporting, scheduling and user support.
Maintains an advanced and current level of technical knowledge and skills involving POS and Server computing and software architecture, implementation, and troubleshooting
- knowledge of POS (highly pref’d)
Package & Remuneration
- R9K basic
- Cell Allowance-R650.00
- Benefits-Fuel Card & Liberty life, once probation is completed 50% provident, 50% medical aid
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level: