A Case Navigator vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in the Ehlanzeni District – Mpumalanga Province.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology. This is done through pioneering, multi-disciplinary research; responsive technical support and innovation in health services; and evidence-based policy development and advocacy with national, regional and global stakeholders.
Main purpose of the job
- The main purpose of the job is to strengthen active referrals and linkages between schools, community-based HIV testing points, HIV care and treatment facilities, and psychosocial support services to improve the well-being of learners, educators, education officials and community members
- Reporting to the Linkage Coordinator, the Case Navigator will play a fundamental role in ensuring that clients are guided through the linkage network to overcome obstacles that may be in the way of receiving the prevention, care, treatment and support they require
- Wits RHI – Ehlanzeni District
Key performance areasMapping and layering for promotion of comprehensive SRH services including PrEP
- Contribute to the mapping of service points and managing community profiles for an effective linkage/referral system
- Identify community structures such as Ward-Based Outreach Teams (WBOTs) and maintain relationships to facilitate ongoing support to learners/clients and ensure linkages to these as required
- Maintain networks and linkage with key stakeholders such as USAID implementing partners, health care facilities, Community Based Organisations, Faith-Based Organisations, SRH service providers, to ensure successful provision and uptake of services
Linkage to care
- Identify the needs of young people, particularly AGYW, and come up with strategies to address them through active linkages
- Take initiative to proactively resolve barriers and or support client cases via a communication to Linkage Officers and Counsellors
- Work closely with Principals, teachers, and School-Based Support Teams to provide support to individual learners, or small or large groups of learners
Data collection and reporting
- Document accurately all phone calls, interventions, appointments, and another system for tracking and tracing linkages and follow-ups
- Complete RRAs forms
- Report on blockages that may arise from the continuum – from identifying AGYW at highest risk, demand creation, referral through to initiation
- Collect relevant paper-based linkage and tracking data on all referrals/linkages for uptake of comprehensive SRH services including PrEP
- Submit data to M & E team for capturing of successful linkages
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Good communication skills. Must be able to speak more than one language, and preferably an African language spoken in South Africa
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Adaptable, approachable, empathetic, outgoing, and willing to take initiative
Required minimum work experience
- Must have worked as a volunteer in a community-based organization for at least 6 months and have knowledge of SRH education including HIV
Demands of the job
- To engage with young people, in particular, AGYW in the High Yield Entry Points including schools and community hotspots about the importance of accessing comprehensive SRH services (including HIV testing and PrEP)
- Able to direct and provide guidance to young people about the services provided in the WRHI roving mobile units
Communications and relationships
- Ability to communicate effectively with young participants, support staff and the community
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experienceas mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 16 April 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund