A Programme Manager – Community (APACE) vacancy is available at our Client, Wits Health Consortium’s Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (RHI) in Lejweleputswa (Welkom) – Free State.
The Wits Reproductive Health and HIV Institute (Wits RHI) is a renowned African-led research institute that seeks solutions to Africa’s health challenges.
It is located within the University of the Witwatersrand and addresses some of the greatest public health concerns affecting our region, including HIV and its related problems, sexual and reproductive health and vaccinology.
Main purpose of the job
- To lead the development and implementation of the APACE community strategy to support the achievement of 90-90-90 targets in Lejweleputswa, Free State, and to ensure the strategic value, relevance, sustainability, and evaluation of community activities
- Wits RHI – Lejweleputswa (Free State) – Welkom
Key performance areasCommunity strategy development and oversight
- Lead the development of a strategy for the community component of the APACE project within national, international and donor guidelines
- Communicate and promote the WRHI APACE strategy to all relevant stakeholders
Training and Skills transfer
- Serve as a champion, coach and expert in community approaches to ensure that APACE Programmes effectively use community resources to achieve outcomes
- Provide technical support to community-focused staff at facility and district level (Tshwane and Lejweleputswa)
Compliance, Human Resource and Budget Oversight
- Provide support to the COP to ensure adequate resources for program implementation are available
- Ensure the ordering and procurement of community HTS resources to ensure that provision of HTS is rendered in accordance with the QA principles
Stakeholder management (internal and external)
- Act as the first point of contact internally and externally for all aspects of the APACE community programme
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with key external partners to coordinate projects, in particular, NGOs, CBOs/ NPOs, FBOs, WBOTs DOH and other PEPFAR District Support Partners
- Attend to all staffing requirements and administration
- Supervise and manage the duties of subordinates to ensure optimal staff utilization and maintenance of sound labour relations
Effective self-management and performance ownership
- Take ownership and accountability for tasks and demonstrates effective self-management
- Follow through to ensure that quality and productivity standards of own work are consistently and accurately maintained
Required minimum education and training
- Grade 12
- Nursing degree or diploma or equivalent in health sciences or related field
- Valid drivers license
Professional body registration
- Depends on whether clinically active
Desirable additional education, work experience and personal abilities
- Experience working in a donor-funded organization, or project-based environment
- Knowledge of national, provincial and district health structures, clinical systems, HIV/TB programmes, community structures and services
Required minimum work experience
- Minimum 5 years experience in public health and HIV/TB community programmes
Demands of the job
- National travel will and overtime may be required from time to time
- Must be contactable after working hours
Communications and relationships
- Maintain effective working relationships with Senior Management and WRHI staff at all levels.
- Communicate effectively with all external stakeholders such as donors, Department of Health (DoH), media, medical and academic institutions, community and other partner organizations
- Only if you do meet the minimum job requirements and experienceas mentioned above, you may submit a detailed updated CV – Please Apply Online
- Please take note that the applicants who do not adhere to the above criteria will not be considered for the respective position.
- The closing date for all applications is 19 April 2021.
- Wits Health Consortium will only respond to shortlisted candidates.
- Candidates who have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date can consider their applications to be unsuccessful.
- In accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act 55 of 1998 and subsequent amendments thereto.
Please note that AJ PERSONNEL is only responsible for the advertising of the advertisement on behalf of their client Wits Health Consortium.
AJ Personnel does not have any salary or other information regarding the position.
Employer & Job Benefits:
- Medical Aid and Provident Fund