Do you have an analytical mind and the ability to innovate? Our Retail Life Insurance department is looking for a self-driven, dynamic IT professional who wants to grow their career by contributing to the development of innovative IT solutions for our life business. Myriad is Momentum’s market-leading life insurance product, providing life cover to clients in South Africa. Our Myriad product aim in partnering with our clients on their journey to success. We strive to find opportunities in every risk and ensure that current and potential clients can benefit from our innovative solutions. Part of the reason why Myriad has the unique ability to develop superior, forward-thinking products and benefits is because we make it our business to understand our clients’ varying needs.
At the Analysis, Build, Testing and Implementation stages of the data or analytics project a data engineer is involved. The data engineer is responsible for the technical analysis, design, implementation, maintenance and technical support of the data or analytics project or change.
Responsibilities and work outputs
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline, data platform and tooling
- Automating manual processes and optimizing data delivery
- Consult with and guide business, users, BAs, System Analysts, developers, architects, other data engineers and other roles players in terms of data and analytics
- Analyze requirement specifications to be able to realize the project or change within the data architecture and BU’s architecture as a whole
- Before building, create or update technical design documentation, information architecture and discuss with technical role-players
- Implementations complying to the security standards and practices
- Breaking up the project or changes into parts and tasks so that development can be done in a managed and systematic fashion
- Create and maintain code, scripts, queries, transformations, models or programs, manage tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems of high-quality that fulfills the requirement specifications
- Assist in maintaining the information architecture and Meta-data
- Create and run tests as specified by the test cases, scenarios and validate data
- Where applicable do technical reviews on the more Junior’s tasks
- Do source control, build, deploy and implement code, scripts, queries, transformations or models within the established DevSecOps and change management processes and practices – Investigate, debug, trace and resolve issues in non-prod and production environments
- Monitor, tracing and support production
- Keep abreast with data and analytics tools, programing and scripting languages, frameworks, trends, tech, etc. and keep skills up-to-date and relevant
Experience and Qualifications
- Prefer relevant IT, Engineering, Applied Mathematics or Statistics Degree or Diploma
- At least 5 years’ experience as a Data Engineer
- Solid knowledge of SQL, databases, data warehousing, ETL and other data tools
- Solid experience in Python and other scripting languages
- Experience in either AWS (preferred), Azure, Hadoop and/or Spark.
- Prefer some experience with Analytics/Bigdata/ML tools and modelling
- Data Engineering
About The Employer:
Through our client-facing brands Metropolitan and Momentum, with Multiply (wellness and rewards programme), and our other specialist brands, including Guardrisk and Eris Property Group, the group enables business and people from all walks of life to achieve their financial goals and life aspirations.
We help people grow their savings, protect what matters to them and invest for the future. We help companies and organisations care for and reward their employees and members. Through our own network of advisers or via independent brokers and utilising new platforms Momentum Metropolitan provides practical financial solutions for people, communities and businesses. Visit us at [URL Removed]