The Financial Analyst will analyse the financial viability of projects/businesses through effective financial modeling and further develop appropriate financing structures. This will incorporate providing guidance to the division on investment decisions
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will be to:
- Conduct preliminary assessments for internal/external clients to ensure date is derived.
- Negotiate with clients to obtain outstanding information/ documentation.
- Conduct comprehensive financial analysis by evaluating current and historical financial data.
- Interpret data affecting investment and develop detailed financial models to determine financial viability for project/business.
- Develop innovative/optimum/appropriate financing structures for each investment deal, and ensure long term sustainability.
- Assist in due diligence assessments when required.
- Adhere to stated process timeframes and standards.
- Continuously improve procedures to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Prepare reports on the financial viability of each project/business.
- Issue weekly reports on clients with outstanding financial information.
- Follow up on outstanding information/ documentation.
The following minimum requirements should be met in order to be considered:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (finance/accounting/economics) or equivalent qualification.
- Two to three (2 – 3) years experience in an Investment or Corporate finance environment.
Requisite Functional Competencies
- Strong quantitative background and experience in financial modeling.
- Knowledge of economic and accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and analysis and reporting of financial data.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office packages, particularly on MS Excel.
- Must hold a valid driving licence and own reliable and roadworthy vehicle.
- Be resourceful and able to source and analyse data from various sources.
- Highly analytical with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and apply financial analysis procedures.
- Must be able to interpret financial statements.
- Ability to choose the right technique or models to determine viability.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate and liaise at all levels.
- Ability to prioritise tasks; work on multiple assignments.
- Pays meticulous attention to detail.
- Financial Accounting
- Financial analysis
- Financial Reporting Management
- Commercial Accounting
- Financial reporting
Desired Work Experience:
- 2 to 5 years
Desired Qualification Level:
About The Employer:
One of the leading licensed financial services and registered credit provider and is listed as a public entity in terms of Schedule 3 of the PFMA
Employer & Job Benefits: