Our client within the finance industry seeks to appoint an experienced and suitably qualified Human Resource Manager to join their team based in Durban.
- Identify talent needs for business to succeed.
- Manage the entire talent acquisition function from sourcing to onboarding.
- Use available sourcing strategies to attract suitably qualified candidates in the work market.
- Ensure that the candidates skills set align to competencies of the position at hand and or have great potential to grow into the role.
- Talent search to be intentional in including less represented groups within the organization thus supporting our transformation objectives.
- Build employee advocacy through developing and improving the company employer value proposition to existing and prospective talent.
- Activate and localize employer brand.
- Work closely with L&D team on the induction and onboarding of new engagements.
- To manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- To align to our Amazing service philosophy
- To manage the employee relations function, minimise and mitigate risk to the company. To represent the company at disciplinary hearings and at CCMA with the assistance of Labour Specialist
- To drive contemporary and relevant people practices to achieve healthy employee/ employer relationships for optimal business results
- To identify business needs, address HR matters raised by the business, offer relevant solutions
- To give professional HR support and consultation throughout the business
- To manage policies and procedures regarding people practices in the company
- To offer consultation and counselling to the business on Performance Management
- To manage Workforce planning and talent pipelining
- Gauge employee engagement via annual climate survey, quarterly pulse checks (eNPS), detect patterns, using suitable diagnostic methods. Based on emerging needs at a point in time analyse and follow through to suitable interventions
- Create a framework for enhancing an already strong culture, by way of exploring new ways of relating, connecting employees and tapping into diverse experiences
- To market the employee value proposition and employer brand.
- Review position management: position tites, profiles and job evaluation working hand in hand with Compensation and Benefits management portfolio.
- To monitor and augment the employee assistance programme offered by the external provider
- Play a key role in achieving and maintaining an “Employer of Choice” status by supporting all people practice initiatives.
- Provide business with tools for effective people management conversations between leaders and employees.
- Keep abreast of people mgmt technology changes / digital transformation
- Design the HR cycle in such a way that it aligns to the business rhythm
- To manage and maintain the general HR administrative function as required
- Develop and review policies and guidelines in line with prevailing labour legislation and business needs and a point in time
- Safeguard adherence to people management policies and procedures
- Anticipate and minimise people mgmt. risks using compliance guidelines
- Ensure that all relevant legislative reports are submitted within stipulated due dates
- Protect people confidential data and secure archiving of personal records
- Keep orderly and structured people mgmt. records, using a reliable filing system
- Perform random compliance checks on selected policies / processes quarterly to ensure adherence to compliance mandates
- Attain clean HR audits
- Manage the HR Budget process and report monthly on spend versus budget
- Produce monthly HR report on operations plans
- Compile and collate stats required for relevant HR reports
- Use HR Operational guidelines as a measurement tool
- Explore efficient ways of doing HR using technology, identify what processes could be disrupted
People and stakeholder Management
- Coach and develop the HR generalist team to enable meaningful contribution
- Communicate with the team what is expected of them, how their individual roles fit in with company goals and hold them accountable
- Remove barriers and create an enabling environment to work
- Promote an effective feedback loop with the team
- Maintain strong stakeholder relationships and deliver needs based HR initiatives and services
- Hold monthly performance consulting needs with mgmt. (learning/ performance / environmental) and provide them with information to make decisions
- Act as a sounding board for business
- Inform business about development within HR, and areas
- Analytical and critical thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Numeracy skills, logical, systematic, risk focused, sound judgement, attention to detail
- Digital awareness and literacy
- Adapting to change, problem identification and solution driven
If you do not receive any feedback within 14 days, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
This Advert and any rights attaching hereto are, unless the context clearly indicates otherwise, the property of EOH Group Limited and/or its subsidiaries (“the Group”). The Group accepts no liability whatsoever for any loss or damages, whatsoever and howsoever incurred or suffered, resulting, or arising from the use of information contained in an Advert which has not been released by the Group.
- Bachelor’s in Commerce / Arts in lndustrial Organisational Development / Pyschology / HR and or equivalent. A post grad qualification would be advantageous. –
- 7 to 8 years in a HR management role with HR Generalist experience. –
- Microsoft office suite (intermediate to advanced)