Perform and control all Internal and Ad-hoc Committee secretarial and administration processes supporting the Group Company Secretary which includes:
- Assisting with the preparation of board skills matrices.
- Ensuring that board and board committee submissions are relevant, accurate and complete before they are circulated to the Board and Board Committee members for use in monitoring, review and decision-making activities.
- Ensuring that board and board committee materials reach board and board committee members timeously so that members are able to consider them, are able to engage and contribute constructively to deliberations on the matters to which they relate; and are able to make informed decisions.
- Taking, writing-up and maintaining minutes of Board and Board Committees.
- Assisting with ensuring compliance with the company Act, the Companies Act, the Memoranda of Incorporation of the subsidiary companies, the PFMA, JSE Listings Requirements, the applicable principles and practices of the King Report on Corporate Governance for South Africa (2016) and all other applicable legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Assist in ensuring that institutional memory is preserved and compliant statutory records are maintained.
Facilitate Internal and Ad-hoc Committee Governance and all related processes
- Keep informed on each Committee structure, membership, terms of reference and interdependencies between various committees
- Review and update terms of reference in collaboration with the Governance and Compliance Officer
- Guide Committee members with regards to duties, responsibilities and powers
Build and maintain stakeholder relations and effectively communicate all Governance and Compliance matters
- Build and maintain effective relations with the chair and the committee members to ensure efficient and effective communication between all parties and awareness of corporate governance and compliance requirements and good corporate governance practice.
- Communicate legislative and corporate governance developments to the Sub Committees and provide guidance on legal and governance matters:
- Advise committee members on legislation which impacts the company
- Monitor committee adherence to the companys Act and King III
Preferred Minimum Education and Experience
- LLB, B. Admin (Law), B.Comm (Law), BA (Law) or equivalent qualification.
- 4 – 6 years experience in company secretarial environment with at least 4 years experience as an Assistant Company Secretary, Committee Secretary or Governance & Compliance Officer in the public sector environment.